Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Epic Fail Thread?

Harrison256

I will start, I know these were posted but here is a update.

th_IMG00006.jpg

and the last time I saw his boat.......

th_boat2.jpg

I will go down tomm and see the final outcome. The lake is raised way up. So far our dock was floating away the other day.

Edited by Live2Ride

Try doing a little google search for images of 'boat fail'.

boat-FAIL.jpg

I saw that one in person I believe, down in Galveston Bay actually, that's so crazy. Some people think it was a set up

This happened after we were on the water & had planned on meeting up with CarveItUp & the fam at the ramp around the time that this happened. Our meeting was delayed....just a bit. :lol:

You can barely see the boat in this shot, the mooring lines are keeping it from going all the way to the bottom.

post-1-12586918926861_thumb.jpg

These shots show it up on the trailer, & ready to be brought out. This all took a lot of time & required more police officers standing around doing nothing than you would ever believe. <eyeroll>

post-1-1258691974385_thumb.jpgpost-1-1258691981615_thumb.jpg

All caused by simply leaving the plug out. He drove up to park the trailer & rig, & came back to the boat full of water & didn't have time to go back to get the trailer before it sank.

This one was an interesting story. This was in 2003, on the same lake as my previous post. We came upon this a few days after it had happened. The story goes like this. Husband ticks off wife, wife & husband get in huge argument. Wife gets drunk/altered (there are variations on this, some say she was drunk, others say she was on meth), takes husband's boat (without his knowledge) to the lake in altered condition & proceeds to try to do donuts in the middle of the lake while sitting up on the top of the seat steering with her feet. All while she was altered. The start of the second donut brought her across her own wake, bounced her out of the boat & it made a beeline for the shore. Witnesses said that the boat ran for a few minutes wrapped out, then seized up.

post-1-12586925402812_thumb.jpgpost-1-12586925484387_thumb.jpgpost-1-12586925545865_thumb.jpgpost-1-12586925634935_thumb.jpg

To make matters worse, this happened on Indian land, so there were a number of additional fines to be paid & hoops to jump through for her to salvage it, which she was required to do. Ouch. Stupid is as stupid does I suppose.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the couple divorced not long after this incident. :lol:

This one was an interesting story. This was in 2003, on the same lake as my previous post. We came upon this a few days after it had happened. The story goes like this. Husband ticks off wife, wife & husband get in huge argument. Wife gets drunk/altered (there are variations on this, some say she was drunk, others say she was on meth), takes husband's boat (without his knowledge) to the lake in altered condition & proceeds to try to do donuts in the middle of the lake while sitting up on the top of the seat steering with her feet. All while she was altered. The start of the second donut brought her across her own wake, bounced her out of the boat & it made a beeline for the shore. Witnesses said that the boat ran for a few minutes wrapped out, then seized up.

post-1-12586925402812_thumb.jpgpost-1-12586925484387_thumb.jpgpost-1-12586925545865_thumb.jpgpost-1-12586925634935_thumb.jpg

To make matters worse, this happened on Indian land, so there were a number of additional fines to be paid & hoops to jump through for her to salvage it, which she was required to do. Ouch. Stupid is as stupid does I suppose.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the couple divorced not long after this incident. :lol:

She got good distance on the hill climb...

No pics either, but in my youth I was riding in a friends jet boat on Walled lake in MI. He lived in front of a shallow spot on the lake which required one to paddle the boat out past the weeds and reeds before starting it up. When returning, he would come in at full throttle to skim over the shallow spot then hit reverse at the last instant and stop by his dock. You guessed it, one day he forgot to hit reverse. We ended up about 30' from the water just missing three huge oak trees. But, being a jet boat, he really didn't tear anything up except for serious scratches on the hull. Try that in a Bu, just not mine.

I'm guessing some one that does not have 40k to buy a malibu.

Tood these in 2008. Not that you'd fix the truck but that is salt water to boot.

laborday108ok4.jpg

laborday112ds6.jpg

laborday116iz1.jpg

I tell ya these kind of pics are fun to laugh at BUT watching this go down beginning to end in person and the anguish the owner was going through made me seriously sick to my stomach. That's a brand new Nissan titan.

Guy gets out of car not setting parking brake and transmission properly. Truck starts rolling back. Guy jumps in and quickly slams the gas hard. However, because the bow of the boat was hooked to the trailer the truck's rear wheels were floating almost instantly in the time it took him to get back into the truck. He finally abandoned truck when it hydrolocked.

Tood these in 2008. Not that you'd fix the truck but that is salt water to boot.

I tell ya these kind of pics are fun to laugh at BUT watching this go down beginning to end in person and the anguish the owner was going through made me seriously sick to my stomach. That's a brand new Nissan titan.

Guy gets out of car not setting parking brake and transmission properly. Truck starts rolling back. Guy jumps in and quickly slams the gas hard. However, because the bow of the boat was hooked to the trailer the truck's rear wheels were floating almost instantly in the time it took him to get back into the truck. He finally abandoned truck when it hydrolocked.

That in my opinion is one case where insurance should not cover it one bit. I have a hard time feeling any sympathy for total stupidity and negligence.

That in my opinion is one case where insurance should not cover it one bit. I have a hard time feeling any sympathy for total stupidity and negligence.

If it weren't for total stupidity and negligence, why would we have insurance at all? Glass houses and all that man... I can certainly empathize with how a 1 second misjudgment can lead to some terrible terrible things. If you are hyper-vigilant and attentive every second of every day, more power to you. I know I've had lapses of attention from time to time....