Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast pump decision?

Bobby Light

Starting to design the plumbing for the new sac. Can't decide between the Attwood Tsunami T-800's or T-1200's. I've searched all the threads but there doesn't seem to be any real conclusive points in using either, or which actually works better. I could use either one in my situation, the 800 would be the easiest of course given everything is already 3/4".

Any thoughts?

Edited by 06vlx

Go big my enzo sac takes 20 mins to fill with a 800 pirahna Dontknow.gif

Forgot to add that I will be using the stock 800 gph fill pump with a selector valve as well as at least one other fill pump but probably two others. I will be using two drain pumps.

Starting to design the plumbing for the new sac. Can't decide between the Attwood Tsunami T-800's or T-1200's. I've searched all the threads but there doesn't seem to be any real conclusive points in using either, or which actually works better. I could use either one in my situation, the 800 would be the easiest of course given everything is already 3/4".

Any thoughts?

I think i would go with the 1200 and reduce it to 3/4" then run 3/4" line to the sac. In one of skicraves' posts he stated the maximum flow rate you can send thru a 3/4 inch line is 2200gph so the 1200 is well within the limits of how much water will flow thru the 3/4" line.

Besides the 3/4" fitting on the sac is a bottleneck anyway, you are just moving the bottleneck closer to the pump.

Well ended up going with Johnson pump 950 gph pumps. They have 3/4" inlet/outlet so I don't have to worry about the headache or expense of other fittings for reducing on each side of the pumps.

http://www.iboats.com/Twin_Port_Pump_950GPH_Johnson_Pump/dm/cart_id.383633141--session_id.814997270--view_id.197216

I'm going to run two of these plus one of the stock rear 800 gph pumps with selector valve for fill, and two of these for drain.

• 1 month later...

Since the inlet is a weird 1 1/8" there is no screw on fitting that will work. I ended up using a heat gun to soften the 1" tubing I was going to use. I then coated the threads in the inlet of the pump with dish washing detergent and the warm hose was easily "screwed" onto the pump. The 1200's were almost a show stopper since they don;t have a standard thread, but this was a simple easy way around that. They're such a cheap reliable pump that flows well that it's hard not to go with them. Thumbup.gif

post-7666-126317013133_thumb.jpg