Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Acme 1579

aaudii5150

Acme 1579, 13.5 diameter 14.25 pitch 150cup 1.125 left hand shaft

Would this work for my 07 23 LSV with the HH?

We usually ride with a good amount of weight and people. Looking for a better hole shot.....

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Help!

If you want hole shot go with the ACME 1235. I run the 537 and have no issues with mine, not sure how much weight you're running?

If you want hole shot go with the ACME 1235. I run the 537 and have no issues with mine, not sure how much weight you're running?

Is the 537 the stock prop? I'm embarrassed to say I've never got under the boat and looked....

I want a better hole shot but also have issues with cavitation when surfing on the passenger side

above 9.6 or so....

Edited by aaudii5150

Is the 537 the stock prop? I'm embarrassed to say I've never got under the boat and looked....

I know that it was on the VLX with the HH but not sure about the LSV. My boat did come with the 537 stock and it's a 13.5X16. The 1235 is 14.25X14.5.

I know that it was on the VLX with the HH but not sure about the LSV. My boat did come with the 537 stock and it's a 13.5X16. The 1235 is 14.25X14.5.

Thanks for the help! I'm searching the forums but with minimal luck....

Thanks for the help! I'm searching the forums but with minimal luck....

audi I meant to say I know the 537 wasn't the stock prop on the VLX with HH but not sure about the LSV with HH. Mine did come with the 537 stock and it works.

If your boat has the 381 I'd recommend getting the 537 and you can find one pretty cheap as many vlx owners swap them out for the 1235 if they have a monsoon. You would loose quite a bit of top end going to the 1235 if that matters to you, but it will be a stump puller.

audi I meant to say I know the 537 wasn't the stock prop on the VLX with HH but not sure about the LSV with HH. Mine did come with the 537 stock and it works.

If your boat has the 381 I'd recommend getting the 537 and you can find one pretty cheap as many vlx owners swap them out for the 1235 if they have a monsoon. You would loose quite a bit of top end going to the 1235 if that matters to you, but it will be a stump puller.

I've got a HH and want a stump puller.... We don't ski and usually run around 25-30 MPH

Let me look up a few specs and get back to you.

Is this 1579 new and you can get a great deal on it or are you willing to look at a different prop?

I think I can make a good deal on the 1579(something like $300) but don't really wanna buy it if it's not what I'm looking for....

Again, thanks for all the help....

I think I can make a good deal on the 1579(something like $300) but don't really wanna buy it if it's not what I'm looking for....

Again, thanks for all the help....

audi call up ACME and tell them the prop you're looking at and see if they recommend it for your boat, those guys are really helpfull.

acme381 Acme - Dia: 13 1/2, Cup: .105 Pitch: 17 1/2 Blades: 4 Shaft: 1 1/8 Rotation: LH

acme537 Acme - Dia: 13 1/2, Cup: .105 Pitch: 16 Blades: 4 Shaft: 1 1/8 Rotation: LH

acme1579 Acme - Dia: 13 1/2, Cup: .105 Pitch: 14 1/4 Blades: 4 Shaft: 1 1/8 Rotation: LH

acme1273 Acme - Dia: 14 1/2, Cup: .150 Pitch: 14 1/4 Blades: 4 Shaft: 1 1/8 Rotation: LH

acme1235 Acme - Dia: 14 1/2, Cup: .105 Pitch: 14 1/4 Blades: 4 Shaft: 1 1/8 Rotation: LH

Ok I pulled up a few specs on ACME and from all the dealing I have with props this is what I know and JMO.

381 is most of the time the stock prop. This gives ok hole shot and great top end. Not for loading down you boat or having a lot of people on board.

537 is for when you want to have a little bit more hole shot or up in the hills. You will see a little lose on top end.

1579 this will give you a little more hole shot because of the lower pitch and your top will drop off.

1273 This larger dia will give more surface area to help huge in the hole shot and with the .l50 cup it will help from loosing a lot of top end. You will lose top end over the 537 but will have then the 1579.

1235 This thing has great hole shot and pulling power for when you are loaded down to the gills with people and weight. You will lose a lot (7-10mph) on your top end.

Now we come to aaudii needs. This is JMO. With you having the HH and wanting to have a "stump puller prop" I would go with the 1273 and then the 1579. I feel the 1235 is way to low for all the power you have and the HH would just be going to waist.

06 with your new over growen sac Tease.gif and the need for a huge wake Yahoo.gif you may want to sweet talk Paul into letting you try the same.

acme381 Acme - Dia: 13 1/2, Cup: .105 Pitch: 17 1/2 Blades: 4 Shaft: 1 1/8 Rotation: LH

acme537 Acme - Dia: 13 1/2, Cup: .105 Pitch: 16 Blades: 4 Shaft: 1 1/8 Rotation: LH

acme1579 Acme - Dia: 13 1/2, Cup: .105 Pitch: 14 1/4 Blades: 4 Shaft: 1 1/8 Rotation: LH

acme1273 Acme - Dia: 14 1/2, Cup: .150 Pitch: 14 1/4 Blades: 4 Shaft: 1 1/8 Rotation: LH

acme1235 Acme - Dia: 14 1/2, Cup: .105 Pitch: 14 1/4 Blades: 4 Shaft: 1 1/8 Rotation: LH

Ok I pulled up a few specs on ACME and from all the dealing I have with props this is what I know and JMO.

381 is most of the time the stock prop. This gives ok hole shot and great top end. Not for loading down you boat or having a lot of people on board.

537 is for when you want to have a little bit more hole shot or up in the hills. You will see a little lose on top end.

1579 this will give you a little more hole shot because of the lower pitch and your top will drop off.

1273 This larger dia will give more surface area to help huge in the hole shot and with the .l50 cup it will help from loosing a lot of top end. You will lose top end over the 537 but will have then the 1579.

1235 This thing has great hole shot and pulling power for when you are loaded down to the gills with people and weight. You will lose a lot (7-10mph) on your top end.

Now we come to aaudii needs. This is JMO. With you having the HH and wanting to have a "stump puller prop" I would go with the 1273 and then the 1579. I feel the 1235 is way to low for all the power you have and the HH would just be going to waist.

06 with your new over growen sac Tease.gif and the need for a huge wake Yahoo.gif you may want to sweet talk Paul into letting you try the same.

WOW!!! Thanks for all the research!!!! I sent an email to Acme a few minutes ago and we'll see what they have to say.....

I would but I don't need it, the 537 does the job for me. I already run that much weight it's just on the seats and I wanted it hidden. I don't load the boat down with more than stock MLS for wakeboarding so that isn't an issue in my case.

The 475 has worked well, does have the grunt on the low end, can get close to the limiter on the top unloaded. I have tested our 14.75 X 15.5 on the Axis with a HH, was very fast on the top end and had decent low end while loaded. The 475 would be a good choice for a heavy load.