Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Want new ballast need help!

wakaholic2

I just bought a 2004 sunscape LSV that has the stock ballast in it. The seller told me that their are 2 rear tank and he thinks that were 350 each. I need more since I love to surf and get that big air. What is the best way to set up a new ballast system, but still have storage. Also I want to run off the current system. Last I am trying to do this with the most efficent price. Any help would be nice. Im from Cincinnati Oh so if there is any one good around here let me know.

I just bought a 2004 sunscape LSV that has the stock ballast in it. The seller told me that their are 2 rear tank and he thinks that were 350 each. I need more since I love to surf and get that big air. What is the best way to set up a new ballast system, but still have storage. Also I want to run off the current system. Last I am trying to do this with the most efficent price. Any help would be nice. Im from Cincinnati Oh so if there is any one good around here let me know.

Take the tanks out and add bags, that will give you more weight when they're filled but have more storage when they are empty.

A lot of people with the above the floor tanks remove them and replace them with bags if you are looking for more ballast.

The Fly high surf 750 lbs. bags fit great in those back compartments and can just fill one if you wanted to surf. Plus Fly Highs quick connect fittings are awesome to use. You want to be able to remove the bag so you can clean or air things out from time to time.

If you want more info (sizes, specs, etc)

Bags: http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=984

Fittings: http://www.bakesonline.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=780

This is a really easy swap job. We've done quite a few of these so if you've got any questions let me know i would be glad to help.

-Paul