Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wake Pictures

pablo

From 2007 too 2010 there have been hull changes so the wakes will be different.

23 lsv came in 08 and the vlx came in 09. I have pictures but you need to be alot more specific as to what your looking for.

for the 09 vlx and 08 to current lsv do a search myself and 06 vlx did very detailed reviews on these boats.

Hey Bro hope the photos helps, stock 09 VLX

post-8035-12583430667875_thumb.jpg

NICE!!! i am awaiting the arrival of my VLX. It looks like you have the wedge about 3/4 the way down? i say this because it looks pretty steep.

Here is another shot of my son landing, gives you a better idea of the wake size compared to the rider.

Sorry for the photo quality I'm still trying to fiqure out this photo attachement system.post-8035-12583467890678_thumb.jpg

Edt to add: In the photo, advanced setting, 23 mph, driver + spotter, 75 feet.

My son and his buddies all ride at this set up with this boat, me I ride beginner. They all pull HS/TS backrolls, WW 360's & blind 180's and tantrums. I thought the wake looked small until I rode behind it; what do I know. They have ridden behind BU LSV, Tige 22VE & RZ2 , Naut. 210, 230 sacked up and still like this wake; its all preference. I will say my son does like the 23 foot BU or Naut.

Edited by Kingfish

Thanks you guys. The wake on the 21 vlx looks perfect. Is there much difference from the new hull in 09? Does anyone have any pictures of the 23 lsv? I would love to see some pics from the new hull 08 and up.

Thanks you guys. The wake on the 21 vlx looks perfect. Is there much difference from the new hull in 09? Does anyone have any pictures of the 23 lsv? I would love to see some pics from the new hull 08 and up.

Not as much for boarding, they're pretty similar. But if you surf a lot, the '09 will do the job better. Both are very good though.

I think this would be a great pinned topic to have in the forum. "Show off your wake" or something like that. Have, boat, year, hull, weight, and speed in the posts with a pic? Would be some good info pinned in one topic. Plus I love looking at others wakes for some reason Biggrin.gif

Not as much for boarding, they're pretty similar. But if you surf a lot, the '09 will do the job better. Both are very good though.

No doubt we couldn't believe the wave we could get out of that hull with just one 750# sac in the rear surf side locker. It was funny as when the boat was sitting there it didn't lean, when you hit the throttle the boat leaned over almost to the rubrail it was awesome. The 09'-10' VLX hull is awesome.

I suspect that the VLX will take less work/weight to get it dialed in. As 06 states, 1 bag in the locker on top of stock ballast is really all you need. With the 23' being bigger with more surface area, it will more than likely take more weight to get the same results. At the same time, that longer hull has the potential of producing a longer pocket. I haven't been in the new LSV though, so I can't speak from experience like I can with the VLX. '06 has an '09 LSV, so maybe he can comment on the differences.

Do you have an opportunity to demo any of these boats? You really should.

I suspect that the VLX will take less work/weight to get it dialed in. As 06 states, 1 bag in the locker on top of stock ballast is really all you need. With the 23' being bigger with more surface area, it will more than likely take more weight to get the same results. At the same time, that longer hull has the potential of producing a longer pocket. I haven't been in the new LSV though, so I can't speak from experience like I can with the VLX. '06 has an '09 LSV, so maybe he can comment on the differences.

Do you have an opportunity to demo any of these boats? You really should.

I'll try to shed some light on the subject. It's true that the VLX takes very little weight to make an excellent surf wave, our demo's proved that. It was not a terribly short wave, but short non the less. However I believe the wave on the 23 LSV 08'+ is better (so much so that I bought one) but takes more weight. I did love the VLX but I just liked the LSV better. See liljohn and my reviews on the 09 VLX and 09 LSV we did for the guys over at Bakes Marine for comparison. We did the VLX first, then big brother.

With all that said my taste could be totally different than yours. You should really demo them both, at the end of the day you will end up with a fantastic boat which ever you choose. Remember this; to get the new hulls you have to go with an 08' or newer 23 LSV or an 09' or newer VLX. There is a difference in the hulls and is really good if you like to surf. Wakeboarding the wakes are similar but the shape is nicer. The wakeboard wake behind my 23 without ballast is nearly as big as my 06' VLX with stock MLS full (minus the wedge). The wakeboard wake behind the 09' VLX looked similar to my 06' VLX just cleaner with a nicer transition. There was no trough at the beginning of the wake, just a smooth transition.

Autowedge on the newer boats is very nice and it does make a difference for driving the boat and fuel consumption. This may have alot to do with the good fuel efficiency I'm getting with my boat, along with some of the newer fuel delivery technology with the HH.

Bottom line is I wouldn't spend that kind of money without demo'ing both boats.

Edited by 06vlx

I have a 2007 VLX with bow, center and aft ballast tanks. I haven't been able to achieve as clean a wake for surfing as I'd hoped, even with ballast used and having passengers sit in the rear of the boat. Someone who's into surfing suggested I also needed to put a 750 lb fat sack in the transom locker to achieve a cleaner, less foamy or turbulent wake. A warning label in the transom locker says not to put more than 60 lbs in the locker. Have people been putting fat sacks in the rear locker(s) without any problems? Thanks.

I have a 2007 VLX with bow, center and aft ballast tanks. I haven't been able to achieve as clean a wake for surfing as I'd hoped, even with ballast used and having passengers sit in the rear of the boat. Someone who's into surfing suggested I also needed to put a 750 lb fat sack in the transom locker to achieve a cleaner, less foamy or turbulent wake. A warning label in the transom locker says not to put more than 60 lbs in the locker. Have people been putting fat sacks in the rear locker(s) without any problems? Thanks.

Which hull do you have wake or diamond, it makes a difference on how you weight it. Don't worry about that sticker back there just don't fill the ballast on top of the stock tanks until they are full. Also drain them last. By the way the sticker should say 75#?

Edited by 06vlx

Thanks for posting all of the pictures so far.

AAudi5150: I would love to see some more pictures if you have them. In the first picture you posted is that with the wedge deployed or not? That wake looks huge and perfectly shaped as well with great long transitions.

Kingfish: How is the surf wake on the port side of the boat?

06 vlx: Where can I find the comparison you did on the two boats for Bakes Marine? I am planning on driving these boats hopefully soon and seeing how they compare. I just want to hear from others who actually own the boats what they like and dislike. I am pretty much trying to do as much research as i can before i pull the trigger on one. Everyones posts have been very helpful. Keep em coming.

Thanks for posting all of the pictures so far.

AAudi5150: I would love to see some more pictures if you have them. In the first picture you posted is that with the wedge deployed or not? That wake looks huge and perfectly shaped as well with great long transitions.

Kingfish: How is the surf wake on the port side of the boat?

06 vlx: Where can I find the comparison you did on the two boats for Bakes Marine? I am planning on driving these boats hopefully soon and seeing how they compare. I just want to hear from others who actually own the boats what they like and dislike. I am pretty much trying to do as much research as i can before i pull the trigger on one. Everyones posts have been very helpful. Keep em coming.

Wedge down all the way at around 22 MPH in about 20+ ft of water.... I'll check and see what else I can find....

Here ya go.....

Now this day we had the boat LOADED with people(8-10) and a ton of gear and just stock ballasts. I think we might have even drained some of the main tank....

Gotta love the double wakeskates!

Doubles.jpg

Here's a few chase pics...

chase1.jpg

chaseboat.jpg

Here's a pic I found that's on the "Dark Side"... I have to surf the port side and the wake is rarely that nice... The boat is weighted with people and just stock ballast...

surf.jpg

Edited by aaudii5150

AAudi how far back are you riding in those pictures?

Is the 08 wakeboard wake or surf wake any better than the prior year hull because that wake for wakeboarding looks about as good as I have seen. I am coming from an 06 super air 210 which had a really steep wake but not much transition at all. That wake looks way bigger than I could ever get mine even with alot of additional weight. If you can find any other pics send them over.

Thanks again.