Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's this boat worth??

MadMarc

Hi Everybody, Im considering purchasing a 1991 Malibu Euro F3 Mystere, I see some out on the net going for around $10,000. This one is in good shape, the engine has been completely rebuilt maybe a hand full of hours on it, the hull has about 800, has the open bow and tandem trailer. Its a good deal considering winter is upon us up here in new england. What would a boat like this go for if it was spring? Thanks in advance for any help!

I think $6-8k, $9 for a real cherry. You can find some much newer responses and the such in the low teens.

-Chris

Thanks Chris, thats more or less what I discovered, I may be able to get this one for $4k, and if its in the shape he says it is I think it will be a good buy.

thanks again,

Hey I see your from andover, where do you go boating?

It's worth what you're willing to pay and remain happy. In the mean time go to NADA.com.

I appreciate your 'zen like' reply, but to not do my due diligence and see what the rest malibucrew community thought, would not be using my resources wisely. NADA? is only a 'guide', and not a true indicator of much. When in comes to Malibu's the people on this forum are true indicators, and as a whole a wealth of knowledge.... Thanks!

I think $6-8k, $9 for a real cherry. You can find some much newer responses and the such in the low teens.

-Chris

Agreed, the only thing that I'll add is that you can get an Echelon with a walk-through bow for the same range as the Response. Might be looking for one of those, but of course only if your budget will allow it. Either the Response or Echelon (any year of either model) will be all fiberglass (no wood). The Euro that you're looking at has a lot of wood, so be sure to check the floor & engine mounts for rot.

I take it MadMarc is merely adding to his stable if he already has a Wakesetter. So, seems to me money is not too big of an issue. In that case, I would highly recommend a later model boat for all the reasons already stated. Spend a little more, get a lot more.

Thanks all, I have not posted often but every time I do I get an enthusiastic response, thanks! Im not looking to add to any stable. Just love the water and we love our wakesetter. I deal in used cars as a business and every once in a while dabble in used boats,,,,, as a way to get my Malibu fix in the off months (for better or worse). I ended up buying the euro this afternoon for $4k. It needs a good cleaning but other wise seems like a sweet boat. The engine has been rebuilt and has had a few more horse power added (350hp),,,, she purrs like a kitten. Haven't had her on the water but will try to in the next couple of days before winterizing. Thanks for the info on the Euro having allot of wood, I was not aware. I'll be sure to check that out more closely tomorrow,,,,, Good stuff all! thanks!

marc

Thanks Chris, thats more or less what I discovered, I may be able to get this one for $4k, and if its in the shape he says it is I think it will be a good buy.

thanks again,

Hey I see your from andover, where do you go boating?

I boat up in the Merrimack river up in Lowell and Lawerence, its great water if the they don't change the level of the river too much.

-Chris

I boat up in the Merrimack river up in Lowell and Lawerence, its great water if the they don't change the level of the river too much.

-Chris

It looks like they've finally finished the work on the dam in Lawrence. The river should be up for the WHOLE season next summer!

The cost is also going to be dependent on what condition the trailer is in also. The trailers are really not a considered value until you get into a boat of this year and condition, so unless you don't think you'll need to do any work to the trailer for the next three years I would just keep that in the back of your mine. Obviously the boat is what matters more but if your stuck having to put another $500 into the trailer in the next year than that's more $$$ out of pocket.