Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

cooling system?

Help me understand how this works.It appears to me that the water enters through a hole @ the bottom of the boat.Travels through a hose to an impeller that is being spun off of the front of the motor (crankshaft). From there it travels to a waterpump, through a t stat to a distribution block.Then off to manifolds and a few other places.Is it positively pressurized after the impeller or after the water pump? Where is the best place to tee off for a cold water tap for a shower?

BL you probably already know this but if you want cold water you're going to have to tap into the big hose coming off of the crank driven pump before it gets to the T-stat housing. After that the water gets mixed with warm/hot water from the engine's cooling system. That takes place in the T-stat housing itself. The crank driven pump does not develope a lot of pressure. I think it's only about 20 - 25 PSI. But that's plently to shower with. Why do you want cold shower water? Most people that I know who use a shower want it for warm water because they ski in the northern part of the country. Am I under the wrong impression?

Factory install is to pull the cold off the hose between the impeller and the transmission cooler.

Hot is pulled from the bock drain plug on older boats (with only one or no knock sensors) or from the fitting near the exhaust manifolds in the block on the newer boats.

-Chris

It seems some people pull the cold supply before the impeller and some after.Pros cons?

the impeller has enough problems drawing suction; i would not introduce another potential leak between the thru hull and the trash pump if i could avoid it.

pull the cold water after the impeller.

the impeller has enough problems drawing suction; i would not introduce another potential leak between the thru hull and the trash pump if i could avoid it.

pull the cold water after the impeller.

I agree! It doesn't take but just a slight leak prior to the raw water pump and you'll suck air instead of water.