Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

340 or 383 for 23LSV

pablo

I am now looking at a few 23LSV Wakesetters. Is it a must to get one with the 383 hammerhead? I will be adding alot of additional ballast. Can i get away with putting on a power prop. I am looking at getting either an 07 or 08. Prices being pretty close. Is there much of a jump from 07 to 08? Worth the upgrade? I know that it is a new hull and the dash looks newer as well without the clutter of all the buttons.

So i guess i have alot of questions. Would you go with the newer 08? Is the wake any better? Is it a must to get at least the 383 or can you get away with propping it?

Thanks.

I am now looking at a few 23LSV Wakesetters. Is it a must to get one with the 383 hammerhead? I will be adding alot of additional ballast. Can i get away with putting on a power prop. I am looking at getting either an 07 or 08. Prices being pretty close. Is there much of a jump from 07 to 08? Worth the upgrade? I know that it is a new hull and the dash looks newer as well without the clutter of all the buttons.

So i guess i have alot of questions. Would you go with the newer 08? Is the wake any better? Is it a must to get at least the 383 or can you get away with propping it?

Thanks.

I love my 340 monsoon but I don't think it should be in anything bigger than a 21' boat. Especially if you're going to weight it down, I would go with the HH. And I personally would rather have an 07 than 08. The MUX switches and all have been a pain for many on here.

Good Luck with your purchase.

I love my 340 monsoon but I don't think it should be in anything bigger than a 21' boat. Especially if you're going to weight it down, I would go with the HH. And I personally would rather have an 07 than 08. The MUX switches and all have been a pain for many on here.

Good Luck with your purchase.

I would go with the '08. i like the mux switches. you can get maliview, shift & throttle by wire, extra year of warranty.

Doesnt the 07 have throttle by wire as well? How do the wakes compare?

They're on the same hull, so the wakes shouldn't differ.

As for the mux, some people love them, some people don't. (I'm sure now that I say that no one will say they don't like them). I have no experience with them, just what I've read on here, seems like it is alot harder to add accessories and get them programmed. BICBW.

Edit-Also maybe do some research on the "make it right" campaign.

Edited by Ndawg12

The Hulls are called the same, but they are different. The '08 has a better rough water ride, and IMHO a cleaner wake, It also doesn't like to paly as much as the '07 (turns)

MUX switches are cool, there was an original problem with them in '08 but every boat has been fixed. They make upgrades pretty easy.

As far as the 340 vs. HH debate. depending on where you live, or how you play can change my opinion on that. But my demo is always a 23' and I always run the monsoon, and I'm never let down

ndawg i couldnt open your link.

Edgeski i would probably add 1500 lbs on top of ballast plus people. I would be riding at about 5000 ft. What do you mean it doesnt like to paly?

There are many aspects of the HH that make it a better motor over the Monsoon for the 23 and larger boats and will offer greater fuel economy over the 340 or 350 monsoon (same motor by the way nothing changed but the tag). Mostly due to the way fuel is delivered internally in the motor. It isn't even an option to me it's a must when you start loading down the boat. The HH just doesn't work as hard. I gave a scenario in another thread about these two motors but I'll tell it again. I used to load down my VLX (monsoon) with 2K in ballast for surfing, had to change props because the 537 couldn't do the job (to my liking anyways). After that it was fine but at 10.5 mph I was turning 3100-3400 rpm's. In the 23 now with the HH I've loaded it down with 4K in ballast for surfing running at 12 mph I was turning 2600 rpm with the stock 537 prop. Huge difference in gas consumption as you can imagine. On a VLX it may or may not matter depending on who you ask. On the 23 my opinion is it's a must. Especially if the price is close it's a no brainer.

Edited by 06vlx

ndawg i couldnt open your link.

Edgeski i would probably add 1500 lbs on top of ballast plus people. I would be riding at about 5000 ft. What do you mean it doesnt like to paly?

I think he meant play, meaning the boat won't get pushed around as much in rougher water, that's a guess, not sure how malibu achieved that on the same hull but different..??

The link was to the resources/diy tab then click on "view the specs now"

I think he meant play, meaning the boat won't get pushed around as much in rougher water, that's a guess, not sure how malibu achieved that on the same hull but different..??

The link was to the resources/diy tab then click on "view the specs now"

The name is the same but the hull design has changed.