Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

shower and heater install

badluck

The heater core mounts under the dash in front of the drivers feet.... in my VTX. You can see the heater outlet in the picture. The core is right behind and above the sub.picture

Edited by cyoda44

I thought I had just about every tool out there. Where can I find a 5/16 square male by 3/8 drive socket? I need this to pull a plug out of the head for the shower hot supply.I can't say I have ever seen 1.

You sure its 5/16? I would bet its just a 3/8 drive with a bunch of paint in there. 5/16=.3125 in and 3/8 is .375 so they are pretty close.

Otherwise it may be time to sacrifice a 3/8 extension.

-Chris

Where is the pump for the shower mounted in a vlx?

The factory mounts it upside down in the top back side the rear port storage compartment, at least on my 09 VLX that is where they put it.

Terry

• 5 months later...

Heater is mounted, ducts are ran,hoses are tied in. Time to wire.

I'm in the process of installing a Heater in my 2008 Response Lxi. I have MUX switches and there is a button programmed for the Heater (high, low, off).. any suggestions how to find what MUX wire (color, location etc.) that goes with that MUX switch and use it to connect to the Heater Craft wires switch wires?

Edited by gomce

Dumb heater question... where do you run the heater hoses... up the gunnels or in the stringer with the ballast hoses? If it's up the stringer, do you expand the hole in the floor by the driver's feet? I just pulled my depth puck wire up through there and there was BARELY enough room even for that. I can't imagine trying to pull two more hoses up through there.

My heater goes up the stringer on the driver's side. My core was mounted so the drain lines were on top.... bad move & makes it tough to drain. So I remounted it so the hoses were on the bottom. Then I installed radiator flush Ts in the heater lines down in the bilge (at their lowest point). So all I do to drain the heater is remove those caps & the whole thing drains into the bilge in a matter of seconds. If I were going to install another heater, I think I'd add as many hot tubes as possible. :rockon:

Shower controls are mounted under the back, center seat. Pump is located under the driver's side rear hatch.

My heater goes up the stringer on the driver's side. My core was mounted so the drain lines were on top.... bad move & makes it tough to drain. So I remounted it so the hoses were on the bottom. Then I installed radiator flush Ts in the heater lines down in the bilge (at their lowest point). So all I do to drain the heater is remove those caps & the whole thing drains into the bilge in a matter of seconds. If I were going to install another heater, I think I'd add as many hot tubes as possible. :rockon:

Shower controls are mounted under the back, center seat. Pump is located under the driver's side rear hatch.

do you know whether the factory makes that hole bigger if you get a heater and ballast? Srsly, my hole in the floor under the helm is way too tight to run two more hoses.