Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Season's Not Over Yet

obski

We finally had a small break in the constant rain we've been having and the confluence of a day off and a few others with some time off and made it out onto the river. The water temp was 53F and the air about the same. Not surprisingly, we were the only ones on the river, leaving us with nothing but glass. We got in some boarding and one brave soul got in some skiing behind my VLX. All in all, a very good day which even included some sun(something we haven't seen around here in some time). It started raining again right as we were pulling the boat out.

Rockin the neoprene socks

P1010487.jpg

P1010488.jpg

Taken while driving. Love the glass.

P1010495.jpg

P1010516.jpg

You can ski behind a VLX

P1010522.jpg

We finally had a small break in the constant rain we've been having and the confluence of a day off and a few others with some time off and made it out onto the river...

Thumbup.gif Supposed to be nice this week-end...I'll try to remember the camera this time. Biggrin.gif

The Season's Not Over Yet? The season never ends. Yahoo.gif

Thumbup.gif Supposed to be nice this week-end...I'll try to remember the camera this time. Biggrin.gif

The Season's Not Over Yet? The season never ends. Yahoo.gif

Yeah, yeah... Starwars.gif

We generally take a break from early December until February. I'll be out of the country for the month of January serving at a mission hospital in Niger.

Obski- will have to give a report when you get back from Niger....I would be interested in hearing it.

Glad to see your still getting out! Me, I have pretty much switched to the bike.....though there seems to be some forces keeping me off of that too. Mad.gif

Nice Pictures! We are still alive and kicking here in SC. The water is about 60 and the air is going to be about 70 this weekend!

Sounds like it is nice in SC! I have been wondering what is like there right now. One of my sons is at Fort Jackson in Columbia right now for Basic Combat Training. Glad to hear that he is not freezing and not sweltering in the heat and humidity. Glad to hear you are getting out. He is a pretty good kneeboarder, but I don't think they are giving them any time to hit the water.

Still going strong here in NC too! Last weekend we had 75° and sun. This weekend I think they're calling for mid to upper 60's. The water in our lake is 75-80° depending on how close you get to the discharge. Thumbup.gif

Edited by snowpunx08

Still going strong here in NC too! Last weekend we had 75° and sun. This weekend I think they're calling for mid to upper 60's. The water in our lake is 75-80° depending on how close you get to the discharge. Thumbup.gif

Would you quit rubbing that it!! And you're 2 hours north of me!! Cry.gif

Would you quit rubbing that it!! And you're 2 hours north of me!! Cry.gif

We'll be heading to Belew's Saturday around lunch. Load up and we'll see ya there!

We'll be heading to Belew's Saturday around lunch. Load up and we'll see ya there!

Man I would love to but the BU's is in hibernation. I've got quite the "honey-do" list this weekend, inlaws coming in town next week Cry.gif

Man I would love to but the BU's is in hibernation. I've got quite the "honey-do" list this weekend, inlaws coming in town next week Cry.gif

Well shoot me a message if you change your mind. I'll probably have a couple spaces open; we have 3 for for sure, maybe 2 more.

That's awesome!

I tell you what, it's over here in the Seattle area. Lake Sammamish's water level is above the docks now and they have snow in the forecast off and on.

Looks like a great day out on the water!

-Paul

• 2 weeks later...

We got out again today and again had fun on the water. The sun was out, but it was still chilly with the water now at 50F and air at 48F. Once again there wasn't another boat in sight and we had nothing but glass. We did note that the river is running significantly higher and faster now and there is more debris out there. We probably won't be getting out again this year as things are getting busy and I will likely be getting the boat ready for some maintenance repairs while I'm out of the country, which means that I will have to winterize the boat this year while it is at the shop and not sitting in it's nice cozy home at our house. It's been a fun year.

Forgot to take the camera out today. Oh well.