Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Customers Malibu Boat stolen and stripped

Bake's Marine

This is a long shot but it's really disturbing when I see things like this so I want to do everything I can to catch this guy. Last week a customer of Bake's had his 2006 Malibu Response LXI stolen and they stripped the boat in a really bad way.

If you are cruising Craigslist or E-bay and happen to come across anything that looks fishy, could you drop me a e-mail? The things i figured you would see on line are the gages, wedge, and other specific Malibu fabricated parts like dash panels and swim step brackets.

I think we would all love to see the cops catch the person that did this.

post-4023-12579917096495_thumb.jpg

-Paul

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bake's Marine

• Bobby Light

• obski

• Michigan boarder

This is a long shot but it's really disturbing when I see things like this so I want to do everything I can to catch this guy. Last week a customer of Bake's had his 2006 Malibu Response LXI stolen and they stripped the boat in a really bad way.

If you are cruising Craigslist or E-bay and happen to come across anything that looks fishy, could you drop me a e-mail? The things i figured you would see on line are the gages, wedge, and other specific Malibu fabricated parts like dash panels and swim step brackets.

I think we would all love to see the cops catch the person that did this.

post-4023-12579917096495_thumb.jpg

-Paul

Damn that sucks, what's the damage$$?

WOW! that is stripped. they must have had a big bag of dope to do all that work.

I bet the boat owner would really like to hurt their feelings.

I would like to Guns.gif all thieves

Paul,

Maybe it would be good if you had a list of options? Obviously people need to be watching for any interior with gray accents & yellow piping, but did the boat have a heater, Perfect Pass, shower? What motor? What about a power wedge? You get the idea.

Useless piece of S#!T thieves. Man this stuff burns me. Don't worry if the cops don't catch these guys karma will. What goes around comes around.

Hopefully karma finds them on an early morning swim through a slalom course...

Ouch, really don't hear or see this too often, how the heck is anyone going to sell any of that stuff?

It's not like these parts have a wide application like if someone steals a drive off an I/O

I haven't puked since I had the flu like 10 years ago, but if that were my boat I would probably become physically ill. That's just horrible. So what happens to the hull, it gets crushed? I assume the boat is "totalled", the owner gets a check and the insurance company disposes of the boat? I'd even feel guilty about that, like I'm abandoning my badly injured best friend. Ugh.

It had to take hours to do all that damage and a nice size lifting hoist..... Bash.gif

Hey, I need some of those parts for my 06 LXI...j/k...bad joke.

Ya, that must have taken a while, but since it was not sitting on the curb, I figure the theif had all the time in the world.

Where did they recover the boat?

Hey Paul,

What part of town did the boat get stolen and where was it recovered... I will definately keep my eye's and ear's open for anything suspicious!!

Hey Paul,

What part of town did the boat get stolen and where was it recovered... I will definately keep my eye's and ear's open for anything suspicious!!

I'm always browseing craigslist and ebay. I will keep an eye out for them.

This Sucks, I know from personal experience it feels like you have been personally violated.

Good luck.

Does anyone else sense a circular effect with this? Especially since the theft looks fairly clean (no ripped stuff like they were yanking stuff out of the boat). Steal a boat and strip everything it has. Wait for insurance or owner to write off the boat and sell the remaining "boat". Purchase the "theft recovery" for minimal cost. Put all the crap you stole off the boat right back on. Seems like a total circular effect. Heck you could even do it with multiple boats if they are the same platform. If anyone out there is buying salvaged or used boats that were former theft recoveries you should ask to see receipts for the items installed. Even then the criminal could falsify the receipts but regardless I could see someone doing this very thing and making a lot of money. The only exposure is the initial theft, then its all gravy.

Edited by Liquidmx

Does anyone else sense a circular effect with this? Especially since the theft looks fairly clean (no ripped stuff like they were yanking stuff out of the boat). Steal a boat and strip everything it has. Wait for insurance or owner to write off the boat and sell the remaining "boat". Purchase the "theft recovery" for minimal cost. Put all the crap you stole off the boat right back on. Seems like a total circular effect. Heck you could even do it with multiple boats if they are the same platform. If anyone out there is buying salvaged or used boats that were former theft recoveries you should ask to see receipts for the items installed. Even then the criminal could falsify the receipts but regardless I could see someone doing this very thing and making a lot of money. The only exposure is the initial theft, then its all gravy.

I hadn't made that leap in my mind, but initially my thought was that this is such a specific niche product.....it's not the same as stealing a Honda & stripping it clean like that. What I had considered though is your point about how they were thoughtful about what they did, which indicates that they were going to use those items, whether to sell or actually in fact use.

It will be interesting to see who ends up with the hull. I'm sure that the authorities have thought of all of this though & are watching.

I think you need to look closer at the picture. It looks to me like the dash and throttle were cut out with a Sawz-all and the carpet is torn, just forward of the engine compartment.

Paul,

Maybe it would be good if you had a list of options? Obviously people need to be watching for any interior with gray accents & yellow piping, but did the boat have a heater, Perfect Pass, shower? What motor? What about a power wedge? You get the idea.

Great suggestion, I put that post up as soon as I could just because i would love to see the guy get caught.

Options that it has (had)

2 Vent Heatercraft heater

Heatercraft Hot water shower kit

Insulated Motor box

Wedge Plate (black aluminum - no foil)

Sony CD Player and 4 Kicker Speakers

Fiberglass Swim Platform - Yellow

LCR 320 HP Engine

Black and Amber 5 Inch Gauges

Thanks everybody for keeping a eye out!

-Paul