Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

StarGazer

onamission

Looking to see if I'm close to what others are using for they RPM, Pre-gate, Ball one and Ball three settings.

36 - 3455

34.2 - 3250

32.3 - 3060

30.4 - 2870

28.6 - 2710

26.7 - 2590

24.9 - 2430

34 Light- 34 Normal- 36 Light- 36 Normal

Pre-gate - 0.2 - 0.2 - 0.25 - 0.45

Ball One - 18 - 24 - 15 - 20

Ball Three - 13 - 19 - 10 - 10

Looking to see if I'm close to what others are using for they RPM, Pre-gate, Ball one and Ball three settings.

36 - 3455

34.2 - 3250

32.3 - 3060

30.4 - 2870

28.6 - 2710

26.7 - 2590

24.9 - 2430

34 Light- 34 Normal- 36 Light- 36 Normal

Pre-gate - 0.2 - 0.2 - 0.25 - 0.45

Ball One - 18 - 24 - 15 - 20

Ball Three - 13 - 19 - 10 - 10

I don't have any numbers but I'm curious what version you're running. I have three neighbors who struggled with the 'latest' and each ended up going back one version to get it to perform anywhere near acceptable. With the latest it was either too hot until the 3 ball and then slowed to get a perfect time, or the opposite, came in slow and then hammered it at the 3. Always a perfect time though!

It's very important to keep track of the weights, being that the system still relies on them.

Like LOS said the system will run a perfect time regardless of what you do. Having all your weights and baselines set correctly is key to giving the skier not only a perfect pull but a consistent one. Baselines are going to change from boat to boat due to engine, prop, condition, and weight differences. The baseline just provides perfect pass he with a reference or "perfect" setting that it changes pending on what changes you put i; Skier weight, crew weight. So if I put a skier of L weight, it is going to add so many RPMs in order to provide a consistent pull from the start.

This is my biggest gripe with ZeroOff, it seems like every time I ski behind it its way too slow to start to begin and way hot to finish.

So as long as your baselines are set and you correctly enter weights each time you should have no problem.

Edited by zad0030

I don’t have the numbers either but I do know that SG is tricky to keep the RPM’s under 2600 around the islands and then speed up so you’re at the desired speed. If you take off to hot out of the hole before the island it’ll engage too early and slow in the course at entry and then speed up to make up the time. Once we figured that out it runs a perfect time every time.

I'm running version V.7.0.62, and normally running in GPS practice mode.

I'm not really having any problems just trying to fine tune the system. I did need to lower all of the baseline by 50rpm so the speed wouldn't jump up about 1mph 10 sec. after going through the gates.

I thought that when you changed the skiers weight settings, (light, normal, etc) that it wouldn't add rmp's but change how quickly the system reacts to the skiers pull slowing down the boat.

Is what really helped me dial my times in is I changed to the "Inverted Tach" setting. This is from PP:

The vast majority of boats with mechanical Star Gazer Systems operate with a Standard V8 tachometer setting. The odd boat will run smoother and maintain a 'tighter' control when the signal is set as "inverted".

To determine which is ideal for your boat, do the following:

Watch the digital PP tachometer at idle. Should be steady at about 650. If it is reading high, or is “bouncing”, your boat may run better as INVERTED

Set the system in RPM Mode at 3400 RPM and run in open water. The system should engage and lock on 3400 very quickly and maintain a very steady RPM digital tachometer readout. (Should not move more than 10 rpm)

If during this test your PerfectPass digital tachometer does not settle well, or you see spikes (particularly on the high side of 3400) you may wish to try the “inverted” setting and perform this same test.

Go to USER SETTINGS (Menu & Up Keys together) and move to ENGINE SET UP. Press the Up Key to select Standard or Inverted V8.

Ultimately, you should set this at whatever setting gives the smoothest tach reading.