Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stop the rumor before it starts!

liljohn

Sounds like a pretty classy way to handle a major life/business decision.

Here's wishing Bill, his family, his employees and the future owner all the best. Cheers.gif

Edited by RedOwl

Congratulations on the retirement. I would have to agree that this is a pretty classy way to handle this. Sounds like your customers and employees will be in great hands. Happy Sailing, and enjoy.

I don`t think he is retired yet. Just heading down that road. Thumbup.gif With all the economic crazy crap that has happened I thought it was a very classy way to inform his customers and friends what his intentions are. This way everything is clear prior to the rumor mill getting its hands on hear say information.. Anyways kudos to the Bake for making it to retirement in a tough industry.

P.S. Bill if your reading this I want you to remember that when you take those long trips north, south, and maybe west that I make a great boat b****! I can cook clean and do dishes. etc. just keep that in mind. Whistling.gif

All I know about Bakes and Bill is what I've read here. I'm in NorCal where we've been subjected to dealers that are DEFINITELY not in the same league as Bakes. It's nice to know that there are some good dealers out there! Pure class!

Congrats and enjoy!

Best of luck to the entire Bakes staff on the sale and i hope it is someone who wants to continue the tradition of great service.

I have made just a few online purchases but was really impressed with the level of service when i had questions.

Yacht delivery -- that sounds like a fun gig. It would be like going to the boat show every day, er, week, or however often these tycoons buy yachts. And that did sound like a classy way not to alienate any existing, or future customers, thereby keeping the price of the business up.

I don`t think he is retired yet. Just heading down that road. Thumbup.gif With all the economic crazy crap that has happened I thought it was a very classy way to inform his customers and friends what his intentions are. This way everything is clear prior to the rumor mill getting its hands on hear say information.. Anyways kudos to the Bake for making it to retirement in a tough industry.

P.S. Bill if your reading this I want you to remember that when you take those long trips north, south, and maybe west that I make a great boat b****! I can cook clean and do dishes. etc. just keep that in mind. Whistling.gif

Yeah liljohn I didn't know you would do dishes too! Maybe we could surf all the way to Mexico. That would have to be some kind of record. But I'm not gone yet...don't put me in the pine box quite so soon.

Yeah liljohn I didn't know you would do dishes too! Maybe we could surf all the way to Mexico. That would have to be some kind of record. But I'm not gone yet...don't put me in the pine box quite so soon.

ROFL.gif Bill your the man! Just so you know I don't think anyone is putting you in a box. I can only speak for myself but I can say that you are a class act and it shows in both your professional and your personal lives. I wish you the best with your sale and all the endeavors you chose to take.

P.S. If Bakes will sponsor me I would gladly wake-surf all the way to Mexico. I am sure I could do it! Crazy.gif

Surfing on the way to Mexico? Where do i sign up for that!?

-Paul

Shouldn't you list this for sale in the classifieds? Crazy.gif

Good luck with the sale! This would be my dream gig, BUT I'm a little short on capital, I'm sure!

I couldn't tell from the letter, but do you have a prospective buyer lined up already?

J

There are a few "interested parties" but no one has signed on the line. I figure 6-18 months is a reasonable time to sell. The price is based on value at the time but it should pay for itself in five years like most business sales. Thanks. Good luck to you too.

There are a few "interested parties" but no one has signed on the line. I figure 6-18 months is a reasonable time to sell. The price is based on value at the time but it should pay for itself in five years like most business sales. Thanks. Good luck to you too.

I'm excited and Happy for you Bake!

-Paul

but do you have a prospective buyer lined up already?

I think we turn this into a group buy, and 52 of us chip in some cash and then sign up to manage the place for one week a year.

Since there seems to never be a difference of opinion / difference in perspective from crew members, i bet it would be a smooth operation. Whistling.gif

I think we turn this into a group buy, and 52 of us chip in some cash and then sign up to manage the place for one week a year.

Since there seems to never be a difference of opinion / difference in perspective from crew members, i bet it would be a smooth operation. Whistling.gif

Well we might be in business for 2 weeks :lol:

Edited by ruffdawg

congrats, i hope this doesn't mean you will be retiring from the crew as well?

If you meant me? I'm not planning on it!

-Paul

Oh sure, suck up to the boss even in the lame duck time frame.

lame duck time frame? Say what? That must be a East Coast talk that hasn't made it to Seattle yet. (PS my family grew up in New Hampshire the NJ so no dissing intended)

I have a great relationship with Bill and I've known about his plans to move on for years now so honestly I'm excited for him for officially putting it on the table.

-Paul