Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hull Blistering

Can hull blistering be repaired and not show back up.

Perhaps if you post this topic a third time you'll get your answer. Tease.gif

Admins...maybe merge these topics or delete one?

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/23845-hull-blistering/

Edit: Dang, Admins are ON IT!

DOUBLE EDIT: I believe Hull blistering can be repaired. Whether it will show up again I imagine would depend on how well it is repaired.

Edited by areamike

Hull blistering can be repaired but will not guarantee it will not reoccur.

We had a large Sail boat that was kept in the water over the year including bubbled through the winter. We sanded the bottom and refinished it with an epoxy. I believe it was a West Marine product. We did have a small area with blisters but we repaired it and never had the problem again for more than eight years.

When I was researching boats 10 years ago I was told not to buy a boat that had blistered. I was told that it'd never be right again after that. I have no personal experience with a blistered hull.