Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rankin Covers???

Bobby Light

I heard a nasty rumor that Rankin Covers might be going BK and closing up shop. Anyone had any dealings with them recently or can shed some light on this? I've heard they've been nearly impossible to get a hold of, but then again I haven't tried myself.

I bought a cover from them this yr was the worst customer service I have ever received. Ordered the cover on 5/21 told me would be done in a month, called July 10 told me was going to be mailed out Wed. July 15th. I called on the 17th to get a tracking # was told they would start the cover on Mon. Monday through Thursday they couldn’t find the pattern discussed my concerns needing a cover stated they would overnight it to me when it was done finally received on 8/4 with a overnight charge of $160 added to my bill. Called regarding the bill they stated it was a misunderstanding and they would split it with me and credit my card, never happened, Called regarding the card being credited and concerns regarding the water pooling in the cover and getting stretched out, told me they could not control the quality of the material they use and it wasn’t their fault it didn’t fit correct told me to have it padded and use a pole. Oh and told me the would credit my card for the overnight charge, this never happened I called several more time to have my card credited with no credit and no return calls. They will tell you what ever you want to hear to get you off the phone. Will never do business with this company again.

Most court record are online now, so a quick search pulled up this:

Case Number: 09-2-14004-7

Name: Rankin Custom Upholstry

File Date: 05-13-09

Participant: Defendant

Cause: Tax Warrants

Uh oh, stick a fork in them, looks like they're done!! But I still hope the owner is doing ok.