Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2009 Malibu 247 Asking Price

jeffrey262

OK guys....I am not here to brag about my purchasing habits. I came to this site to get great advice from veteran wakeboarders. I respect your opinions. I purchase my toys not for investments because the return is alway -50%. I purchase them to have fun. I have always advised my friends and family on wealth management. An old dear friend always told me, and I follow his principle today. #1) Pay yourself first and let everyone wait for their share, #2) Pay your bills, and #3) give the rest away. You would be amazed on your accumulated wealth over the years. Ultimately, you'll have to hire a wealth management company to manage your money. Personally, I came from nothing. I went to college, earned my post degree, busted my a** for 20 years, sold my high tech investments before the tech crash in the 90's. Sold all my real estate 4 years ago before the housing boom busted. And now, I'm 45 & retired.

So to answer the final question, I will have no payments because I will pay cash. My Formula is paid off as well. I will not tell you about all my other toys because it seems that some people are getting angry over wealth.

I appreciate all your opinions and will continue to ask questions. So please chim in and spill your thoughts.

--jeff

Sounds to me like you worked hard for what you have and appreciate the things you have (the pics of the Formula tell me you take excellent care of your boat). I'm not sure why some are giving you a rough time for having the cash to buy big toys?! I say go for it! You worked hard for it and I think you will love a 247. I know if I had the cash I would certainly have one. I'm 26 and working hard for my money. I also didn't come from money and was taught if I wanted I would have to pay for it. I think that's the best lesson parents can teach their kids. I never respected the kids in school with a rich mommy and daddy that bought them a new car so they could not take care of it. I'm happy with our 88' Malibu and worked hard for it. All our toys are paid off as well and hopefully in the future we'll have that 247 in the garage! Rockon.gif Good luck with the purchase Jeff! You'll love your Malibu and the fun that comes along with owning a tournament level towboat!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffrey262

• Chia

• Bobby Light

• Ndawg12

Ha ha, I bet you do.

My friends always ask me how I ended up with my wife. My answer is, " well I'm not rich, not extremely good looking, not really that smart....so you figure it out Whistling.gif:)

I like that comment. Can I use it? Did you copyright the saying? I'd hate to have to pay you a royalty.

I love that Formula! Good luck with the wake boat purchase, that 247 would be a great addition to your toy collection. I'd love to see what else you have if you feel like sharing. The hell with all the people on here that are jealous they can't go out and pay cash for whatever they want. I can't either, but I'm not going to say anything negative about someone that worked hard to get where they are and can afford to have the finer things in life!

• 2 weeks later...

OK. I need some advice on what is considered a good deal. I am looking at a 2009 247 LSV. See the attachment for the installed options. This is my first ski boat ever. I am purchasing a ski boat to get my 10 year to pick up the sport. I have no idea which options I need or want. He tried wake boarding and likes its. Has anyone recently purchased a new boat? What type of discount did you get or friends? I always look at the discount % off list price. The dealer is asking $76,000. List is $103. What do you all think?

Thanks for your feedback.

Malibu 247 Pic & Options

Not sure if you have already purchased your boat. But http://www.munsonski.com has a 2008 demo 24 LSV loaded for 68k I think. Or maybe 63k. It's listed over 100k. I was going to buy it but opted for something else. Good luck.

I wouldn't purchase a boat that didn't come directly w/ a warranty through the dealership. Otherwise you'll be chasing manufactures around and sending this there and there. If you're machanically inclined that'd be one thing but the hassle isn't worth it.

I wouldn't purchase a boat that didn't come directly w/ a warranty through the dealership. Otherwise you'll be chasing manufactures around and sending this there and there. If you're machanically inclined that'd be one thing but the hassle isn't worth it.

Thank you for the advice. I found a FULLY LOADED and I mean fully loaded 247 for $70K including a trailer that matches. It is black and white.

--jeff

Thank you for the advice. I found a FULLY LOADED and I mean fully loaded 247 for $70K including a trailer that matches. It is black and white.

--jeff

Congrats! Is it the one you showed pics of earlier in the thread? I hope you enjoy it!

My cousin has the Corvette boat. It's great for cruising around and looking good, but since it doesn't have a tower, it isn't great for wakeboarding, yet it has the wake hull, so it isn't great for water skiing.

I test drove the Super Air Nautique 230. I thought the wakeboard wake was the best I have ever ridden; very smooth transition; not rampy at all; it was like being gently thrown into the air! Truly, it was great. But the overall fit and finish of the boat had nothing on Malibu. The seats were stiff and low (translate: knees up to your chin). Overall, Malibu is the superior boat. The only plus the Nautique had was the wake, but the Malibu is a VERY close second (IMHO). I would not hesitate at all recommending the 247. I think you will be more than happy!

Everyones aware you can get the Illusion tower on almost any Malibu Corvette right?

congrats, you made a great choice of boat. Did you talk to the dealer about installing some additional ballast?

what do you mean? Does the 247 not come with enough? Was I missing some data when I was shopping around? Was this something I should have negotiated?

Welcome to the site Jeff. Nice boats! Glad you found what you're looking for.

I bought my boat when it was 12 and had 120 hours. 10 hours a year, looked brand new. Great boat. I don't know what people are talking about, not liking a low hours boat. Crazy

I like that comment. Can I use it? Did you copyright the saying? I'd hate to have to pay you a royalty.

Pretty good timing that I stumbled on to this post today. Yeah unfortunately I do have that saying copyrighted and you will have to pay me royalties for it's use. Send me a PM and we can negotiate a rate Biggrin.gif