Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2009 Malibu 247 Asking Price

jeffrey262

just guessing here guys, but jeffery262 has a 37' formula, i doubt that he waterski's, and just wants the biggest/best boat Malibu puts out.

The 247 will give his kid a great wakeboard wake (if he gets serious, get him some knee braces) and a sick surf wake should he decide to try that out. I think it is a great choice of boats.

Jeffery, don't be putting up an adoption notice on this site or your server will end up crashing from the rush.

Seriously, how do you climb into a response when you are used to this:

super_sport_lifestyle.jpg

I think he means in addition to the 37.

I would like to be placed at the top of the adoption list please.

Baddog, you are absolutely correct. I want to add another boat to my collection. I just want to make sure I have the Hottest boat on the lake. SOme people are asking mw why am I looking at Malibu? Why not buy a Mastercraft X45 or Correct Craft SuperAir Natique 230? They are the best ski/wake boats on the water. Unfortunately for me, I lack the knowledge in ski boats. I knew Formula made the best boat in their class -- so I bought the 370ss.

Can you all chime in on the Malibu Corvette -- good/bad/or indifferent? I hear it is really fast, but can you wake board behind it?

Thanks,

--jeff

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffrey262

• Chia

• Bobby Light

• Ndawg12

just guessing here guys, but jeffery262 has a 37' formula, i doubt that he waterski's, and just wants the biggest/best boat Malibu puts out.

The 247 will give his kid a great wakeboard wake (if he gets serious, get him some knee braces) and a sick surf wake should he decide to try that out. I think it is a great choice of boats.

Jeffery, don't be putting up an adoption notice on this site or your server will end up crashing from the rush.

Seriously, how do you climb into a response when you are used to this:

super_sport_lifestyle.jpg

I think he means in addition to the 37.

I would like to be placed at the top of the adoption list please.

Baddog, you are absolutely correct. I want to add another boat to my collection. I just want to make sure I have the Hottest boat on the lake. SOme people are asking mw why am I looking at Malibu? Why not buy a Mastercraft X45 or Correct Craft SuperAir Natique 230? They are the best ski/wake boats on the water. Unfortunately for me, I lack the knowledge in ski boats. I knew Formula made the best boat in their class -- so I bought the 370ss.

Can you all chime in on the Malibu Corvette -- good/bad/or indifferent? I hear it is really fast, but can you wake board behind it?

Thanks,

--jeff

That's all opinion and preference. Poeple on here will tell you different. You don't want to ski behind those boats either, they are made for wakes. I'm not sure you can wakeboard behind the vette boat, it doesn't have a tower on it and while a tower isn't crucial for boarding it does help. Maybe a dealer can chime in but I don't think the vette is on a wake producing hull.

If you're into anything other than crusing around the lake with 3 people with you I'd steer clear of the vette boat.

Thanks,

--jeff

both of these are nice boats but the super air nautique 230 looks like a tank to me. Way too much fiberglass above the water line for a boat that size. The X45 is a nice boat, very flashy compared to the 247 (IMO) the 247 has an eye catching yet classy look. Beautifully understated (compared to x45) which makes it even more beautiful.

Between the 3 the x45 or 247 would be my choice.

mastx35_1280.jpg

sunscape247hero_2.jpg

Thanks,

--jeff

both of these are nice boats but the super air nautique 230 looks like a tank to me. Way too much fiberglass above the water line for a boat that size. The X45 is a nice boat, very flashy compared to the 247 (IMO) the 247 has an eye catching yet classy look. Beautifully understated (compared to x45) which makes it even more beautiful.

Between the 3 the x45 or 247 would be my choice.

mastx35_1280.jpg

sunscape247hero_2.jpg

Another key factor not yet mentioned. The mastercraft comes with some good looking babes. The malibu? No body.

My cousin has the Corvette boat. It's great for cruising around and looking good, but since it doesn't have a tower, it isn't great for wakeboarding, yet it has the wake hull, so it isn't great for water skiing.

I test drove the Super Air Nautique 230. I thought the wakeboard wake was the best I have ever ridden; very smooth transition; not rampy at all; it was like being gently thrown into the air! Truly, it was great. But the overall fit and finish of the boat had nothing on Malibu. The seats were stiff and low (translate: knees up to your chin). Overall, Malibu is the superior boat. The only plus the Nautique had was the wake, but the Malibu is a VERY close second (IMHO). I would not hesitate at all recommending the 247. I think you will be more than happy!

i would think that if this is your first boat, you might want to look at a used boat. especially with today's market. you can get an awesome boat that is loaded for way less tha 76k. if i was buying a boat for the first time, i wouldn't drop that kind of cash especially since it didn't sound like you and your family are diehards.... jmo

It is not my first boat I have ever own. I have a Formula 370 Super Sport. This would be my first true ski boat.

The thing is it's not a ski boat, it's a wake boat for all things wake related. You will be pretty dissapointed trying to ski behind that boat. You will be in heaven for wake sports though.

+1...have been told the 247 throws best wakeboarding wake in the malibu lineup

My 247 throws the largest and longest surf wake of any boat in the market place today. Enzo included!

Jeff - you might want to take a look at a Mastercraft X80 if you're looking for crazy. Dual inboard, 28' monster: http://www.mastercraft.com/boats/overview/x80 Check out the vids on this page: http://www.mastercraft.com/boats/media/x80

Could be a good option, but if one of his desires is skiing, I'm gonna call "FAIL" on this beast. Heck, he can probably wakeboard and surf all day behind the 38'. Perhaps all he needs is a Response.

Jeff,

To answer your question, I think that is a great price for a new 247 with the 8.1 (8.1 is a must in my opinion)

We had a 247 in 07 and we absolutely loved it, we switched back to a 23 on our 08 and 2010. (we tie it up to the back of our houseboat at the marina when it is in the slip and the 247 was a bit long and the 23 barely fits)

It may be big but it still drives like a sports car, the MC does not drive anything like the 247 and to get a comparable wake in the MC you have to add 2,000 plus pounds of ballast on top of the stock ballast. (not bashing just giving my opinion)

The 247 wake for surfing and wakeboarding is second to NONE.

Edited by carrera2
Jeff - you might want to take a look at a Mastercraft X80 if you're looking for crazy. Dual inboard, 28' monster: http://www.mastercraft.com/boats/overview/x80 Check out the vids on this page: http://www.mastercraft.com/boats/media/x80

Could be a good option, but if one of his desires is skiing, I'm gonna call "FAIL" on this beast. Heck, he can probably wakeboard and surf all day behind the 38'. Perhaps all he needs is a Response.

Wow! I can't believe all the positive information I am getting here. This is a great site. I just spoke to a Correct Craft dealer. He recently purchased a lot of boats from a dealer who went belly up. He has a 2008 Correct Craft 220 Fully Loaded for $47k. But....there is always a but on this kind of deal. The warranty becomes void. Let me explain the warranty. Right now if you purchase a boat and you have a warranty claim , all you have to do is bring it to the dealer -- no matter what is wrong, and they will take care of it for you. With this boat, you have to contact each manufacturer. Correct craft will take care of their boat, who ever makes the vortex engine will take care of their engine, and if the stereo goes out, you have to contact that mfg.....

So I ask, is this boat a good deal or a headache?

--jeff

Wow! I can't believe all the positive information I am getting here. This is a great site. I just spoke to a Correct Craft dealer. He recently purchased a lot of boats from a dealer who went belly up. He has a 2008 Correct Craft 220 Fully Loaded for $47k. But....there is always a but on this kind of deal. The warranty becomes void. Let me explain the warranty. Right now if you purchase a boat and you have a warranty claim , all you have to do is bring it to the dealer -- no matter what is wrong, and they will take care of it for you. With this boat, you have to contact each manufacturer. Correct craft will take care of their boat, who ever makes the vortex engine will take care of their engine, and if the stereo goes out, you have to contact that mfg.....

--jeff

Not to mention that boat is laid out weird and has less room in it than a smaller VLX. You'd probably hate that boat.

--jeff

Not to mention that boat is laid out weird and has less room in it than a smaller VLX. You'd probably hate that boat.

I'll have to agree. Although I have never actually even been in a Malibu "Wakeboard" type boat. I have been in a CC 220. Although I have nothing to compare it to, my first impression was dang this is pretty small for a wakeboard boat and seemed really narrow. The only comparison I had was when I looked at the Malibu Booth at the Boat show and DANG those 247's are HUGE @ss boats!

Here's a couple "comparison pics. I couldn't find much better. The biggest difference that I can see is that you can maybe seat 9 adults comfortably in the CC. The 247 on the other hand looks like you could easily fit 12 adults comfortably. The other thing you'll notice is the more narrow walkway of the CC throughout the boat. BU has a lot more floor room that I can see.

Here's a 247 and MC Xstar.(I think)

247_-_x45.jpg

Here's a 2006 CC 220

cc220.jpg

I am confused.... are you buying the boat to look good on the lake or do you want the most functional boat for your kids water sports needs? If you want to drive a Cadillac on water get the 247. Sweet looking boat. If you want to provide a versatile wake for water sports and still look good then look into the Response Fxi. Less room, but you have your other boat for the large crews and cruising. Look back to my prev post if you haven't watched malibus video on the Fxi HERE.

Edited by Wakes
I am confused.... are you buying the boat to look good on the lake or do you want the most functional boat for your kids water sports needs? If you want to drive a Cadillac on water get the 247. Sweet looking boat. If you want to provide a versatile wake for water sports and still look good then look into the Response Fxi. Less room, but you have your other boat for the large crews and cruising. Look back to my prev post if you haven't watched malibus video on the Fxi HERE.

I am too a little bit. The OPS first post mentions he is looking for a "ski" boat. Which we all know the 247 is NOT. But then he mentions his kid tried wakeboarding and liked it. The 247 definitely is a Wakeboard boat.

So, what is he looking for is the bottom line? A big wakeboard boat that can seat a ton of people like the 247? Or a boat that has the best of both world's like the Response FXi?

I am too a little bit. The OPS first post mentions he is looking for a "ski" boat. Which we all know the 247 is NOT. But then he mentions his kid tried wakeboarding and liked it. The 247 definitely is a Wakeboard boat.

So, what is he looking for is the bottom line? A big wakeboard boat that can seat a ton of people like the 247? Or a boat that has the best of both world's like the Response FXi?

For us a "ski" boat is, well, a boat used primarily for skiing. To a noo-b a ski boat could be generic and mean any type of tournament boat.

OK. I need some advice on what is considered a good deal. I am looking at a 2009 247 LSV. See the attachment for the installed options. This is my first ski boat ever. I am purchasing a ski boat to get my 10 year to pick up the sport. I have no idea which options I need or want. He tried wake boarding and likes its. Has anyone recently purchased a new boat? What type of discount did you get or friends? I always look at the discount % off list price. The dealer is asking $76,000. List is $103. What do you all think?

Thanks for your feedback.

Malibu 247 Pic & Options

Hey Jeff, I cant comment on value of the above boat. But I think you should take a good look at the Response FXi before you pull the trigger on a 247. It is built to be a little more versatile so you have a nice small wake for skiing and a nice rampy wake for wakeboarding. It doesn't have the interior room the 247 has... not even close, or the monster wake of the 247 but you'll enjoy skiing behind it - where as slalom skiing behind the 247 will be hell on the ankles. For water sports with a 10 year old I think it is a better route than the 247, unless you need to haul 10-15 people around with you when you are out on the water. Keep in mind you cant sit in the back seat of the Response while doing low-line activities(Slalom Skiing.) but you can add what Malibu calls launch seats (single removable seats that sit beside the motor box.)

Check out this vid:

I ahve a 2008 Wakesetter VTX this was my first wakeboard boat. I got the diamond hull and have a really nice wake for wakeboarding and a pretty good non wake for skiing. Test drive one before you commit. I have pulled Two six foot 200 lb plus wakeboarders and had a full boat no problem. The guys on the boards were jumping each other.

I will say sorry right up front,103 list somebody is smokin crack. There is not a boat in this grouping worth that$. I bought my 07 RXI for 26,400.00 brand new with trailer 340 monsoon loaded. Come on, your saying a top of the line bu is priced 78,000 higher( 07 verses 09) in this economy???

OK. I need some advice on what is considered a good deal. I am looking at a 2009 247 LSV. See the attachment for the installed options. This is my first ski boat ever. I am purchasing a ski boat to get my 10 year to pick up the sport. I have no idea which options I need or want. He tried wake boarding and likes its. Has anyone recently purchased a new boat? What type of discount did you get or friends? I always look at the discount % off list price. The dealer is asking $76,000. List is $103. What do you all think?

Thanks for your feedback.

Malibu 247 Pic & Options

Hey Jeff, I cant comment on value of the above boat. But I think you should take a good look at the Response FXi before you pull the trigger on a 247. It is built to be a little more versatile so you have a nice small wake for skiing and a nice rampy wake for wakeboarding. It doesn't have the interior room the 247 has... not even close, or the monster wake of the 247 but you'll enjoy skiing behind it - where as slalom skiing behind the 247 will be hell on the ankles. For water sports with a 10 year old I think it is a better route than the 247, unless you need to haul 10-15 people around with you when you are out on the water. Keep in mind you cant sit in the back seat of the Response while doing low-line activities(Slalom Skiing.) but you can add what Malibu calls launch seats (single removable seats that sit beside the motor box.)

Check out this vid:

I ahve a 2008 Wakesetter VTX this was my first wakeboard boat. I got the diamond hull and have a really nice wake for wakeboarding and a pretty good non wake for skiing. Test drive one before you commit. I have pulled Two six foot 200 lb plus wakeboarders and had a full boat no problem. The guys on the boards were jumping each other.

I'd have to say you are all right. I used the term ski boat as a generic term. I should have said I'm looking for a bad @ss wake boarding boat. I do not think, but who knows, that my 10 year old will want to ski. He tried wake boarding and liked it. I think he may try surfing. I'd like to try surfing after I learn how to "get up" on a wake board. I have looked at the top 3 boat companies (Correct Craft 230, Mastercraft x45, and Malibu 247). From my perspective, I want the nicest looking boat. I understand you are all veteran wake boaders, surfers, and skiers. Each one of you have a valid definition of the ideal boat. And that is why I asked my question and received some great advice. I don't want a too small of a boat; hence me looking at the 247. I like the way it looks. The X45 looks nice as well -- plenty of bling! The 230 is my least favorite -- nothing too exciting.

I drive a Formula 370 because I get the Wow! factor where ever I go. I want the same thing from my wakeboarding boat. In today's market, I am looking for a killer deal. It looks like I'm getting the best prices from the Malibu dealers, unless...........Mastercraft or Correct Craft comes to the plate with a more attractive deal.

Thanks everybody for the great suggestions. I will contiue to read your advice and research the boats you all recommend. I will also let you know which boat I choose.

--jeff

I will say sorry right up front,103 list somebody is smokin crack. There is not a boat in this grouping worth that$. I bought my 07 RXI for 26,400.00 brand new with trailer 340 monsoon loaded. Come on, your saying a top of the line bu is priced 78,000 higher( 07 verses 09) in this economy???

I agree, the starting msrp was less than 80k, I think it's like 74,999. So what options are on this thing that add up to nearly 30K!!??

Jeff

I didnt notice anyone mention that to get all that extra bow space in the MC they had to make the cabin space smaller. On my boat the bow is the least used space on the boat so why would I want it bigger at the expense of cabin space? Just more food for thought.

--jeff

It's only going to be a headache if any of the many systems and components fail. If you never have anything break you are golden. If a myriad of things go kablooie, you'll have a lot less hair than you do currently.