Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2009 Malibu 247 Asking Price

jeffrey262

OK. I need some advice on what is considered a good deal. I am looking at a 2009 247 LSV. See the attachment for the installed options. This is my first ski boat ever. I am purchasing a ski boat to get my 10 year to pick up the sport. I have no idea which options I need or want. He tried wake boarding and likes its. Has anyone recently purchased a new boat? What type of discount did you get or friends? I always look at the discount % off list price. The dealer is asking $76,000. List is $103. What do you all think?

Thanks for your feedback.

Malibu 247 Pic & Options

Edited by jeffrey262
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffrey262

• Chia

• Bobby Light

• Ndawg12

OK. I need some advice on what is considered a good deal. I am looking at a 2009 247 LSV. See the attachment for the installed options. This is my first ski boat ever. I am purchasing a ski boat to get my 10 year to pick up the sport. I have no idea which options I need or want. He tried wake boarding and likes its. Has anyone recently purchased a new boat? What type of discount did you get or friends? I always look at the discount % off list price. The dealer is asking $76,000. List is $103. What do you all think?

P.S. I can't find the attachment link to attach pictures. Can some tell me how?

Seems like a pretty big discount to me. What are the options? If you aren't a paying member you have to post the pics over at a site like photobucket and insert your links to the pictures.

I hope you don't have any visions of actually skiing behind that boat, they throw big wakes.

Edited by 06vlx

That's a whole lotta boat for your first one.

Maybe take a quick look through here.

edit, didn't realize you meant your first ski boat.

Edited by Pistol Pete

I too just purchased my first towboat. I went with an 2009 Vride 23. The boat is modestly equiped with sound pack 2, the extra mid ballast and wedge plate. It has the low end engine the 320 hp. The dealer listed the boat with trailer at 71K and I bought it for 53K. I thought it was a pretty good deal and with this being my first tow boat it will be a learning experience.

i would think that if this is your first boat, you might want to look at a used boat. especially with today's market. you can get an awesome boat that is loaded for way less tha 76k. if i was buying a boat for the first time, i wouldn't drop that kind of cash especially since it didn't sound like you and your family are diehards.... jmo

I don't know if that is a good deal or not. You need all the options, for the price of that boat, the options you might or might not consider important are a small additional price.

lets see the pics, here's how

Thank you for the link info. I have now updated the link.

i would think that if this is your first boat, you might want to look at a used boat. especially with today's market. you can get an awesome boat that is loaded for way less tha 76k. if i was buying a boat for the first time, i wouldn't drop that kind of cash especially since it didn't sound like you and your family are diehards.... jmo

It is not my first boat I have ever own. I have a Formula 370 Super Sport. This would be my first true ski boat.

It is not my first boat I have ever own. I have a Formula 370 Super Sport. This would be my first true ski boat.

The thing is it's not a ski boat, it's a wake boat for all things wake related. You will be pretty dissapointed trying to ski behind that boat. You will be in heaven for wake sports though.

The thing is it's not a ski boat, it's a wake boat for all things wake related. You will be pretty dissapointed trying to ski behind that boat. You will be in heaven for wake sports though.

+1...have been told the 247 throws best wakeboarding wake in the malibu lineup

Edited by johnsvt

+1...have been told the 247 throws best wakeboarding wake in the malibu lineup

+1.. Thumbup.gif my 2010 247 puts up a serious wake

here, photobucket calls the url a direct link, if you put the direct link into the field brought up by the insert image icon, you get this:2009MalibuWakesetter247LSVpic.jpg

and then this:

2009MalibuWakesetter247LSVoptions.jpg

edit: Nice looking boat. are the water cooled shaft seal, silent rider mufflers and depth finder standard, cause i don't see them listed.

Edited by Cervelo

That is one bad azz boat and looks fully loaded. Depth finder module comes standard with

malivue. Silent rider mufflers are standard on all the boats I've ever seen.

Edited by 06vlx

That's a sweet boat. I can't really comment on whether the price is a great deal or not, but I can tell you that it has pretty much every option you can get and it sounds like it's a good deal. I don't know what the going price is for the 247's fully loaded like that, but I'd guess that you aren't going to get one much cheaper than that with all those options.

Malibu 247 Pic & Options

I don't know where you're located or if you're dead set on a new boat but I've got a 2008 247 I'll sell you for $42000. 220 hours. Excellent condition.

Malibu 247 Pic & Options

I don't know where you're located or if you're dead set on a new boat but I've got a 2008 247 I'll sell you for $42000. 220 hours. Excellent condition.

Holy!! John Rozenboom, is that you??!!

I think we'd all be interested in more info on that!!

Malibu 247 Pic & Options

No, I'm not Rozenboom. It's pretty much straight up NADA pricing for a 2008 247 Sunscape (not a Wakesetter). It's been under cover on a lift since new (sorry no trailer). I'd post a picture but I can't figure out how.

Malibu 247 Pic & Options

now thats funny!!

mattm, does it have the 8.1l?

for your first inboard and first ski boat i would look at something smaller.

That is a lot of boat to be circling around picking up a downed skier, wakeboarder or andthingelser.

Depending on your crew size, a 20, 21.5 or even 23 is much easier to manage.

Adjusting to an inboard (i drove an IO for 25+ years) is a trick to learn, especially around the ramp and docks.

I don't think i would want to learn that in a 25 footer.

Malibu 247 Pic & Options

Hey Jeff, I cant comment on value of the above boat. But I think you should take a good look at the Response FXi before you pull the trigger on a 247. It is built to be a little more versatile so you have a nice small wake for skiing and a nice rampy wake for wakeboarding. It doesn't have the interior room the 247 has... not even close, or the monster wake of the 247 but you'll enjoy skiing behind it - where as slalom skiing behind the 247 will be hell on the ankles. For water sports with a 10 year old I think it is a better route than the 247, unless you need to haul 10-15 people around with you when you are out on the water. Keep in mind you cant sit in the back seat of the Response while doing low-line activities(Slalom Skiing.) but you can add what Malibu calls launch seats (single removable seats that sit beside the motor box.)

Check out this vid:

Edited by Wakes

Malibu 247 Pic & Options

Thank you for the offer. Too many hours. I have seen some used ones with 25 to 75 hrs.

just guessing here guys, but jeffery262 has a 37' formula, i doubt that he waterski's, and just wants the biggest/best boat Malibu puts out.

The 247 will give his kid a great wakeboard wake (if he gets serious, get him some knee braces) and a sick surf wake should he decide to try that out. I think it is a great choice of boats.

Jeffery, don't be putting up an adoption notice on this site or your server will end up crashing from the rush.

Seriously, how do you climb into a response when you are used to this:

super_sport_lifestyle.jpg

You're my hero Jeffrey, get that 09' 247 it's a bad boat. That is the biggest and baddest boat Malibu puts out. It's got all the options and the biggest motor they put in their boats, well other than the LS7. It looks like you know what you like and you like quality, you'll love that boat.

Malibu 247 Pic & Options

now thats funny!!

mattm, does it have the 8.1l?

No, it has the 6.2 Hammerhead. But, I've had it loaded with 14 people and 80 gallons of gas and it still has plenty of holeshot.

just guessing here guys, but jeffery262 has a 37' formula, i doubt that he waterski's, and just wants the biggest/best boat Malibu puts out.

The 247 will give his kid a great wakeboard wake (if he gets serious, get him some knee braces) and a sick surf wake should he decide to try that out. I think it is a great choice of boats.

Jeffery, don't be putting up an adoption notice on this site or your server will end up crashing from the rush.

Seriously, how do you climb into a response when you are used to this:

super_sport_lifestyle.jpg

I think he means in addition to the 37.

I would like to be placed at the top of the adoption list please.