Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

One last run :-(

I'm going to get one last 2-3 hour run with the boat tomorrow morning before I winterize it in the afternoon. This will be my first official winterization. While I'm out on the water the purpose will be to run some stabil through the system and obviously heat up the engine and oil for the change. But my question is are there any other things I might do (winterization wise) while I'm out there that may not be covered in the guides?

Well she's in hibernation for the next 3 months. I followed the winterization guide but one thing I was a little confused on was draining the block. I appears that I have 2 knock sensors, one on each side and no actual drain, does that sound right or did I miss something. It sure is alot easier when those stupid little 200lb ballast tanks are out of there to work on the engine.

Well she's in hibernation for the next 3 months. I followed the winterization guide but one thing I was a little confused on was draining the block. I appears that I have 2 knock sensors, one on each side and no actual drain, does that sound right or did I miss something. It sure is alot easier when those stupid little 200lb ballast tanks are out of there to work on the engine.

Dunno about two knock sensors. But each serve as drain plugs for the block I'm sure. Did you undo the manifold's hose?

My boat is still on the lift ready for a few more runs before the hard freezes set in. I may get her out this weekend, but the weather still looks good.

Dunno about two knock sensors. But each serve as drain plugs for the block I'm sure. Did you undo the manifold's hose?

My boat is still on the lift ready for a few more runs before the hard freezes set in. I may get her out this weekend, but the weather still looks good.

I unscrewed the garden hose fitting for the exhaust manifolds. The 2 "knock sensors" that I'm referring to were down just above the oil pan. They had a 2-wire harness on them. A small nylock nut was holding the plastic wire harness housing onto a bigger (maybe 3/4") nut which unscrewed the whole assembly out. I am assuming these are both drain plugs/knock sensors. Anyone confirm?

I unscrewed the garden hose fitting for the exhaust manifolds. The 2 "knock sensors" that I'm referring to were down just above the oil pan. They had a 2-wire harness on them. A small nylock nut was holding the plastic wire harness housing onto a bigger (maybe 3/4") nut which unscrewed the whole assembly out. I am assuming these are both drain plugs/knock sensors. Anyone confirm?

Yes. I believe that's the drain plugs for the block. Difference is my motor only has one knock sensor 3/4 inch that you describe. The one on the other side on my motor is simply a brass plug.

Confirmed. Don't know if you have 2 knock sensors, I'm thinking not, but take them both out to drain the block. After the water drains I will hit both sides with copious compressed air and then finish it off with the mondo shop vac sucking the chrome off. REMEMBER to put the sensor back in the block!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't stress this enough. i left mine out and the threads proceeded to rust big time on me. Nor pretty in the Spring. Final step: put the danged things back in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, you have 2 knock sensors. Remove them and then remove the plugs (1" deep socket) to drain the water out.

Confirmed. Don't know if you have 2 knock sensors, I'm thinking not, but take them both out to drain the block. After the water drains I will hit both sides with copious compressed air and then finish it off with the mondo shop vac sucking the chrome off. REMEMBER to put the sensor back in the block!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't stress this enough. i left mine out and the threads proceeded to rust big time on me. Nor pretty in the Spring. Final step: put the danged things back in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh oh, looks like I'm gonna have to wake her back up for a little bit!!

Yes, you have 2 knock sensors. Remove them and then remove the plugs (1" deep socket) to drain the water out.

Awesome, thanks for confirming that, I was able to easily spin mine out with a cresent wrench, in case that's easier for anybody, just don't use to much force, slip, and round off the nut.