Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine temp gauge higher when blower on

yabetcha

Not too long ago my engine temp guage started flickering between 160 and 200. Replaced the impellor, temp sender on engine, confirmed water pump ok....realized that the temp guage would increase each time I turned the blower on.

Also realized that my batt gauge reads 12 now vs 14 with engine running. Checked alternator posts and it's 14 and batteries are 12.

Since the gauges are controlled by the computer, does it sound like the computer needs to be replaced, or could it be a ground wire loose/new interference issue?

since i remember reading that the wire harnesses to the gauges are interchangeable, my next step may be to try swapping the oil pressure harness with the engine temp harness and see if the temp still fluctuates.

My boat was doing the same thing. With the heater on, the fuel level, oil pressure & coolant temp guages would climb. I checked the grounds at the engine block & harness plug at the back of the engine. All the grounds were tight & clean. I ran a 10 ga wire from the battery to the ground block under the dash & that corrected the problem. My alternator puts out ok although I do have a 1 volt loss between the dash & the battery.

No isolator . The voltmeter has never read over 13 volts & the battery is at 14.

The voltmeter & perfect pass read the same. I never bothered to track it down. the voltage is good at the breaker in the engine compartment & 1 volt less at the key switch. I thought it may have a crappy connection somewhere in between.

No isolator .  The voltmeter has never read over 13 volts & the battery is at 14.

The voltmeter & perfect pass read the same. I never bothered to track it down.  the voltage is good at the breaker in the engine compartment & 1 volt less at the key switch.  I thought it may have a crappy connection somewhere in between.

Dontknow.gif What it is.

PP has a voltmeter :unsure: .

I just installed pp last month. on the new display with the system off, press menu & up together. Hit menu until you highlite system info. voltage, lake temp & other stuff are in there.