Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine compartment divider fasteners

KateD

I have a 2003 21ft LSV, the engine compartment divider panels are held in place by velcro like material that does not work at all they keep falling down. A friend has a 2004 21ft LSV which has some plastic 1/4 fastners. Does any one know who makes them or where I can purchase them so I can eliminate th velcro material?

my 2008 has plastic "knobs" that you move into place.

they are about 1-1/2" long and 1/8" wide and you rotate them 90 degrees to remove the panels and 90 back to lock it in place.

here are some knobs from mcmaster-carr that you might be able to install and make work - there are a few t-handles here.

Visit My Website

Edited by Soon2BV

Had the same problem with my '02 Sunscape with the same velcro that never worked. For the few times that I needed to remove the panels for oil changes or winterizing, I finally just drilled a couple of holes and installed some stainless screws so that I never needed to worry about the panels falling out again.

homedepot and lowes will have them. look in the window screen dept. I know it sounds wierd but thats were they are at. shouldn`t cost more than 5 bucks for half a dozen of them.

Thanks I will check out both places this weekend

Had the same problem with my '02 Sunscape with the same velcro that never worked. For the few times that I needed to remove the panels for oil changes or winterizing, I finally just drilled a couple of holes and installed some stainless screws so that I never needed to worry about the panels falling out again.

Plus1.gif pair of stainless bolts with nyloc nuts holding the pannels in place. I do like the idea of the clips, though since you don't remove the pannels much, if there is much "beef" to the clips, they might be obtrusive, vs a little bolt head/washer showing