Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

looking for LED interior lights

MexTex

Pardon me I did not mean to offend, just trying to give options. I have seen the errors of my ways and got rid of the bass boat and purchased a 09 23 Vride.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh and before I forget, Anyone with experience with Fetsoon bulbs, what is the proper color white to get. I believe the options are like cool white, warm white, and like super white or some variation of it

Did you happen to figure it out and buy some? Because I'm looking to do the same thing now. Thanks!

• 1 year later...

I replaced all of my interior lights with the superbright LED festoon 4410-X9 red they fit into my exisiting holders on my 98 VLX sunsetter. It gave me a super look at a reasonable price.

CB

Anyone know what lengths of flexible tubing I should order to do the rear exterior vents on my 2007 VLX? I ordered all the interior bulbs but wasn't sure what lengths work best in the vents since my boat is about a 3 hour drive away right now..... Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a couple of 5 meter RGB LED strips with the 44 button controller for 'bu today !!!

Might be a month or so till I can install them (snowed in 'bu). But can't wait. Project after that is a bimini, then subwoofer.

And when it warms up I can finish oiling the swim deck.

Steve B.

Anyone know what lengths of flexible tubing I should order to do the rear exterior vents on my 2007 VLX? I ordered all the interior bulbs but wasn't sure what lengths work best in the vents since my boat is about a 3 hour drive away right now..... Thanks!

The majority of installs I have seen are using LED strips

http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips

I am going to order a 19" for each vent

Bought a couple of 5 meter RGB LED strips with the 44 button controller for 'bu today !!!

Might be a month or so till I can install them (snowed in 'bu). But can't wait. Project after that is a bimini, then subwoofer.

And when it warms up I can finish oiling the swim deck.

Steve B.

Let us know how you like them and the quality. I am interested in seeing how these work, might be using them instead of the superflux.

Edited by BlitzedVLX

The majority of installs I have seen are using LED strips

http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips

I am going to order a 19" for each vent

Let us know how you like them and the quality. I am interested in seeing how these work, might be using them instead of the superflux.

Will do. I'll post some pics or a video.

Steve B.

• 1 month later...

Hey Steve, have you installed the rgb yet? I am still deciding on which lights to install in my interior.. I really want the floor to glow rather than have a spot light effect so I am not sure If I should order the oznium superflux, superbrightled 4led oval or the RGB strip you are using.I feel that the 4led oval would be the best looking option to install under the seats so they hit the ground.

Hey Blitzed,

I have them but haven't installed yet. 15 degree's in Ohio this morning. I don't even have the boat at home yet.

Just playing with the RGB LED's though, they seem awesome. I can easily dial in a nice color and dimming level and the strip is very well made.

I'm hoping to bring the boat home this weekend. I'll post install pics as I go. Should only take a couple hours to install.

Steve B.

Hey Blitzed,

I have them but haven't installed yet. 15 degree's in Ohio this morning. I don't even have the boat at home yet.

Just playing with the RGB LED's though, they seem awesome. I can easily dial in a nice color and dimming level and the strip is very well made.

I'm hoping to bring the boat home this weekend. I'll post install pics as I go. Should only take a couple hours to install.

Steve B.

What controller did you go with? I am not sure if I would be able to mount the ribbon under the seat so that it is not noticeable but able to hit the floor.

• 3 years later...

Sure, go to earmarkmarine.com they are the chrome 3 LED waterproof bezel. I did 6 but if I could do it again id do 7 with one directly in the middle and 3 on each side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, go to earmarkmarine.com they are the chrome 3 LED waterproof bezel. I did 6 but if I could do it again id do 7 with one directly in the middle and 3 on each side.

What (and where) are you using to light the floor so well?

• 2 weeks later...

What (and where) are you using to light the floor so well?

I believe they came from Earmark, if not earmark then they came from ozium. They are one single LED. But super bright! I think they are flux chip. I have about 7 of them around the bottom of the seat bases. You can see one here. post-18128-14071263519193_thumb.jpg