Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winter Projects?

Bobby Light

LED interior lights, transom lights, and I might chrome the fenders and guide posts on my trailer. Also plumb in the 750 's to work with the stock pumps and tanks.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

I tossed around the idea of changing the new motorhome colors to match the boat. My wife gave me a long pathetic look when I mentioned that idea! :Doh:

Bling bling.....

What does it cost to paint a motorhome?

I was just going to replace all the decals on the motorhome. I will attach a picture of it from the side and maybe if I get time I can change the colors to match my boat.

post-5478-1256664607_thumb.jpg

LED interior lights, transom lights, and I might chrome the fenders and guide posts on my trailer. Also plumb in the 750 's to work with the stock pumps and tanks.

I tossed around the idea of changing the new motorhome colors to match the boat. My wife gave me a long pathetic look when I mentioned that idea! :Doh:

Bling bling.....

I was just going to replace all the decals on the motorhome. I will attach a picture of it from the side and maybe if I get time I can change the colors to match my boat.

Do you really want to do that? I'm guessing that you will have your MH longer than your current boat. What happens when you upgrade the boat?

Bling bling.....

Do you really want to do that? I'm guessing that you will have your MH longer than your current boat. What happens when you upgrade the boat?

Then I have to sell them as a unit!! New rv, new boat.......some one has to keep the econily rolling up here! I more than likely wont do it but I will find out what it would cost me do get it done for interests sake.

I don't even know where to start on this, I've got so many things I want to do it's crazy. First thing is to strip the black pwder coat on the T3 and refinish it. Has anyone done that? I'm thinking about just buffing it with a couple levels of automotive grade stainless steel wool and putting a a clear coat on it, any advice on that?

I'll be lucky if I get that done but then I'd like to:

2. have my racks dipped in black rubber

3. get a fiberglass swim platform

4. redo the bimini

5. add 750's and bow ballast (I've heard that by adding the 750's in the back, you will want more than the integrated bow sac since it only actually fills to about 300lbs, anybody else agree with that)

I don't even know where to start on this, I've got so many things I want to do it's crazy. First thing is to strip the black pwder coat on the T3 and refinish it. Has anyone done that? I'm thinking about just buffing it with a couple levels of automotive grade stainless steel wool and putting a a clear coat on it, any advice on that?

4. redo the bimini

5. add 750's and bow ballast (I've heard that by adding the 750's in the back, you will want more than the integrated bow sac since it only actually fills to about 300lbs, anybody else agree with that)

If you're getting it re-powdercoated the shop should be able to blast it first for you.

4. redo the bimini

If you're getting it re-powdercoated the shop should be able to blast it first for you.

Actually I was thinking about using some high grade stripper from Lowes, then buffing it with automotive steel wool, and brushing on a clear coat made for metals that is also available at Lowes. In other words, I was hoping to do it all myself but I don't want it to look like Fido's behind either.

Edited by Ndawg12

I bought my Titan unfinished and polished it myself. There is no need to clear coat or cover the tower if you just want a polished stainless look. Titan uses a really nice stainless and it does not rust or corrode at all. Mine is just bare polished stainless and looks as good now as the day I polished it. I just wax it once a year before it goes into winter storage.

I used the same polish Titan uses on their polished towers. Rocky helped me out when I bought my tower and hooked me up with their polish distributor. The polish they use is called Redball from Production Car Care. It looks like they are moving their web domain right now. I have a gallon of the stuff and probably used a pint to polish my tower and I used it very liberally. :lol: It does cut well and polished the raw stainless quite nicely to a high gloss. I used an orbital buffer to do mine with a foam pad. I did the final polish with a synthetic rubbing compound from the same place with a wool pad. Luckily I could get it in a quart. Best rubbing compound I've used. It works great on the boat gel, the cars, and to really get the tower to shine. Thumbup.gif

I bought my Titan unfinished and polished it myself. There is no need to clear coat or cover the tower if you just want a polished stainless look. Titan uses a really nice stainless and it does not rust or corrode at all. Mine is just bare polished stainless and looks as good now as the day I polished it. I just wax it once a year before it goes into winter storage.

I used the same polish Titan uses on their polished towers. Rocky helped me out when I bought my tower and hooked me up with their polish distributor. The polish they use is called Redball from Production Car Care. It looks like they are moving their web domain right now. I have a gallon of the stuff and probably used a pint to polish my tower and I used it very liberally. :lol: It does cut well and polished the raw stainless quite nicely to a high gloss. I used an orbital buffer to do mine with a foam pad. I did the final polish with a synthetic rubbing compound from the same place with a wool pad. Luckily I could get it in a quart. Best rubbing compound I've used. It works great on the boat gel, the cars, and to really get the tower to shine. Thumbup.gif

Wow, thanks MA, you just saved me a ton of time. So I can just strip it and wax it, awesome!!!

Edited by Ndawg12

Wow, thanks MA, you just saved me a ton of time. So I can just strip it and wax it, awesome!!!

Make that strip it - polish it- then wax it.

What do you guys use to get the forks on your racks covered in rubber? The only product I've seen that comes close is Plasti-Dip, but it isn't that thick. Do you just dip-dry-dip a bunch of times?

What do you guys use to get the forks on your racks covered in rubber? The only product I've seen that comes close is Plasti-Dip, but it isn't that thick. Do you just dip-dry-dip a bunch of times?

Hey thanks, I never thought about buying it off the shelf. I've got some ordered, I'll let you know how it turns out in a week or so!

1. Replace steering cable

2. Finish remaining 3 skins from Chee (I already did two torn seats at the beginning of summer)

3. Redo trailer brakes

4. New Rubrail...possibly even the rivetted rubrail holder (ouy...I so don't want to do that one PITA)

5. Install gas shock to hold up hinged rear seat back

I was thinking of a new skin for my seat. I have tried the email that I found on here but didn't go thur can you pm his info so I can get one ordered. Thanks

1. Replace steering cable

2. Finish remaining 3 skins from Chee (I already did two torn seats at the beginning of summer)

3. Redo trailer brakes

4. New Rubrail...possibly even the rivetted rubrail holder (ouy...I so don't want to do that one PITA)

5. Install gas shock to hold up hinged rear seat back

I was thinking of a new skin for my seat. I have tried the email that I found on here but didn't go thur can you pm his info so I can get one ordered. Thanks

PM'ed Chee's number.

No problem. No clear needed. Thumbup.gif 06vlx is right though, Titan probably rough polishes the towers before powder coating them, but it probably isn't a mirror finish under the powder since the powder coat would cover some of the rough surface. After you get the power coat off you'll know how much polishing you need to do. Have fun - I think polished stainless looks way better than powder coated IMO. The good thing is it is almost maintenance free - waxing a tower takes 10 minutes! Rockon.gif

No problem. No clear needed. Thumbup.gif 06vlx is right though, Titan probably rough polishes the towers before powder coating them, but it probably isn't a mirror finish under the powder since the powder coat would cover some of the rough surface. After you get the power coat off you'll know how much polishing you need to do. Have fun - I think polished stainless looks way better than powder coated IMO. The good thing is it is almost maintenance free - waxing a tower takes 10 minutes! Rockon.gif

And that's my MO. Thanks!

heres some horrible photoshop

maliburims.jpg

Hey that's actually pretty good, is that a blue caliper on the front axle?

Love the wheels, love the boat color...hate the big decal. I'd keep it clean, that is a really nice color scheme that looks good all by itself. I'm sure that boat is beautiful on the water.

thanks, the boat is naked right now like the first picture. I just didnt have a straight on naked shot for the photoshop. Yeah thats a blue caliper. I really dont know what wheel the brakes on and even if I had disks but I was just messing around. If i do have disk brakes then yes i will paint the caliper.

I saw this boat and had to have it. its a love it hate it thing, but the majority of the people love it. I was playing around on Malibu.com designing a boat for fun and they just dont look the same. iits either too much grey or too much blue. this one is pretty equal.

Right now: building a sealed sub box for a dvc infinity perfect 12" that I had lying around to replace the infinity basslink that was in the driver's footwell. The box is 3/4" mdf and I'm planning on sealing it up with glass (which appears to be cheaper than the $75 that the local linex shop wants).

Part one of the winter project list complete.

4086848463_fe1ebd564a_o.jpg

Just picked up a '00 Sunsetter VLX about a month ago.

Few items left to go for the winter:

Stargazer PP upgrade

Finish ballast system

Tower Mirror Bracket

Bimini Top

Done so far this fall:

Removed all logos, cleaned hull, oiled teak,

welded joints on top of tower, run lights and speaker wire through tower,

Re-wired stereo, added a kill switch to the amp so we can turn off the tower speakers when not riding,

Moved battery, added a second battery and a perko switch, cut a few inches off the engine dividers,

Removed carpet in v-drive lockers, added rhino liner.

post-11091-12577325844206_thumb.jpg

post-11091-12577326184994_thumb.jpg

post-11091-12577326085289_thumb.jpg

post-11091-12577325988741_thumb.jpg

Edited by JoeMalibu7