Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winter Projects?

Bobby Light

So what does everyone have planned for winter projects this winter?

I'm getting a custom fly high sac made and will plumb it in all automatic, no more filling sacs manually anymore. Installing two fill pumps and two drain pumps on the new sac.

I know I'll end up doing something on the stereo I always do.

I'm getting a custom fly high sac made and will plumb it in all automatic, no more filling sacs manually anymore. Installing two fill pumps and two drain pumps on the new sac.

All I've got planned is a refinish of the teak swim platform. But who knows what other spur of the moment oppertunity might pop up. Been looking into a wedge and maybe adding a little ballast myself Thumbup.gif

LED interior lights, transom lights, and I might chrome the fenders and guide posts on my trailer. Also plumb in the 750 's to work with the stock pumps and tanks.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

I tossed around the idea of changing the new motorhome colors to match the boat. My wife gave me a long pathetic look when I mentioned that idea! :Doh:

All I've got planned is a refinish of the teak swim platform. But who knows what other spur of the moment oppertunity might pop up. Been looking into a wedge and maybe adding a little ballast myself Thumbup.gif

My boat is put away for a long winters nap ... about 45 minutes from my house. I'll also be redoing my teak platform as I take it off before the boat is put away. Normally I would have had it refinished by now ... but with the crappy cold wet weather I haven't done it. I like to work on it outside.

post-371-1256640225.gif

I will be strenghting the trunk of my DD and adding about 370# there and then looking at how to get some more under the rear set and plumbing them in with a dedicated pump. Also while I have the gas tank out I will be adding some STE's to make her a bit quiter, did the motor box insulation last year and that seemed to help at low speed. I was thinking underwater lights but I am over budget already on the ballest and ste's, oh yea raise the drivers seat and refinish the teak.

I put a new 7 pin connector on the wiring harness so i don't have to use the adapter - and that's it!

She is going to sleep about 4 hours away from home, so no projects until early spring.

Edited by Soon2BV

I've got a list:

1. Full tune up & fluid changes

2. Replace windshield supports, possibly remove and re-fasten windshield

3. Insulate engine box

4. Replace shocks on engine box

5. Repair/replace swim platform, add wedge access door

6. Replace vent tubes

7. Clean engine & bilge thoroughly

8. Diagnose engine oil leak (valve covers?)

9. Remove & replace hull decals

10. Fix computron depth, sea temp & steering wheel controls

11. Replace speedo tubes

12. Replace stereo

13. Add fat sac to ski locker

Edit: 14. Replace steering cable. Can't believe I almost forgot that one.

Edit again: 15. Replace rub rail channel, bow section. Got my work cut out for me!

Step 1 needs to happen pretty soon. It's in heated storage but I need to get that old stuff out. The rest will probably start after the 1st of the year, too much going on.

Edited by Michigan boarder
I put a new 7 pin connector on the wiring harness so i don't have to use the adapter - and that's it!

She is going to sleep about 4 hours away from home, so no projects until early spring.

Good Idea Yahoo.gif

Same here...

I want to install the LED lites in the back of the boat, Looks like I missed the GB on the lights :(

That's a bummer because I heard Malibu raised the price on the lights $30 each now.

LED interior lights, transom lights, and I might chrome the fenders and guide posts on my trailer. Also plumb in the 750 's to work with the stock pumps and tanks.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

I tossed around the idea of changing the new motorhome colors to match the boat. My wife gave me a long pathetic look when I mentioned that idea! :Doh:

Bling bling.....

What does it cost to paint a motorhome?

Full sound system overhaul. Probably Exile all the way. Still evaluating that one.

Nice, look forward to seeing that one.

Plus1.gif

My project is finishing this baby....the first one crashed due to radio failure - total loss. Cry.gif Now I'm building a new one.

post-7666-1256653962_thumb.jpg

post-7666-1256654261_thumb.jpg

I also have a list of things to do... It all just depends on the amount of time I'm gonna have and how it fits in the budget. Whistling.gif

1. Full sound system upgrade. Bullets in the Titan cans...

2. LEDs in the boat and the underwater ones

3. Having the fingers my WB racks dipped in rubber

4. 750 conversion in the rear lockers, Automating the Pro-X bow sac to a switch

5. Fabricating a "hockey puck" type LED tower light

6. Having a bow filler cushion made

7. Adding 3 Blue tops, a Perko switch, and a 10 amp charger

8. Raising the driver seat

9. Tinting the windshield

10. Changing the trailer brakes

11. *Possibly* Going naked

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure I have forgotten something

I'd like to add access doors to the floor to get to the rear ballast tank drain pumps. Does anyone know what year Malibu started doing this? I'd like to see how it was done before tackling this project.

I'd like to add access doors to the floor to get to the rear ballast tank drain pumps. Does anyone know what year Malibu started doing this? I'd like to see how it was done before tackling this project.

08' on the 23's not sure if/when on other boats.

1. Replace steering cable

2. Finish remaining 3 skins from Chee (I already did two torn seats at the beginning of summer)

3. Redo trailer brakes

4. New Rubrail...possibly even the rivetted rubrail holder (ouy...I so don't want to do that one PITA)

5. Install gas shock to hold up hinged rear seat back

08' on the 23's not sure if/when on other boats.

Cool, thanks 06VLX. I'll try to track down a local 08 23' and see if I can take a peek to see how Malibu did this.

Edited by mcbean7

Right now: building a sealed sub box for a dvc infinity perfect 12" that I had lying around to replace the infinity basslink that was in the driver's footwell. The box is 3/4" mdf and I'm planning on sealing it up with glass (which appears to be cheaper than the $75 that the local linex shop wants).

Bullet HLCDs to replace titan alpha 1's (anybody in the market for a pair of alpha 1's?).

New amp to drive HLCDs (probably sticking with Kicker because I've got a zx700.5 powering the boat's speakers now)

Some solution to fade between tower and boat speakers... would like a ws-420, but might cheap out with something like a Soundstream MPQ-7X0(and maybe an extra pac LC-1 for the interior speakers).

Indtall depth finder module and transducer

Fix left turn signal on trailer (or is in the truck?)

If I get all that done, add integrated bow sac and v drive sacks to existing MLS.

Right now: building a sealed sub box for a dvc infinity perfect 12" that I had lying around to replace the infinity basslink that was in the driver's footwell. The box is 3/4" mdf and I'm planning on sealing it up with glass (which appears to be cheaper than the $75 that the local linex shop wants).

Bullet HLCDs to replace titan alpha 1's (anybody in the market for a pair of alpha 1's?).

New amp to drive HLCDs (probably sticking with Kicker because I've got a zx700.5 powering the boat's speakers now)

Some solution to fade between tower and boat speakers... would like a ws-420, but might cheap out with something like a Soundstream MPQ-7X0(and maybe an extra pac LC-1 for the interior speakers).

Indtall depth finder module and transducer

Fix left turn signal on trailer (or is in the truck?)

If I get all that done, add integrated bow sac and v drive sacks to existing MLS.

Shawn...

Talk with David E.M. with Earmark. He is working on my Alpha I's and installing the Bullet HLCD 770s in the existing Alpha I cans. It's a great cost effective way to keep within your budget especially with the bullet sale going on til the 31st.

Just my .02...

Shawn...

Talk with David E.M. with Earmark. He is working on my Alpha I's and installing the Bullet HLCD 770s in the existing Alpha I cans. It's a great cost effective way to keep within your budget especially with the bullet sale going on til the 31st.

Just my .02...

I guess I saw it as marginal... if I can get $200 for the titans, then I can get new cans and new (HLCD) speakers.... whereas the good drivers from the titans are probably not worth much at all....

But I am interested to hear whether the retrofit is viable.