Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winter Storage $$

barefootpaul

Ours lives underground for 5 months in a limestone mine that is now used for storage of RV's and boats. They charge $185 for 5 months of winter storage. I think it is $70 a month if you leave it past 5 months. It'as a great deal and is certainly nice to have the garage for the cars in the winter.

Check it out...

Gateway Commerce Center

MOMMY, I WANT A CAVE TOO!

How totally awesome.

That would be a great place for laser tag.

Edited by Soon2BV

I pay $60 a month for warehouse storage in an old former grocery store here in Podunk. They do keep the temp above freezing though so that's a nice plus. I winterize anyway for safety (always have). I do have to start paying beginning Oct. 1 though to reserve the space, put the boat way whenever I'm ready. Gotta make an appointment to get her in or out but no big deal. I thought that was kinda high until I read this thread, don't feel nearly as bad about it now.

Ed

Ours lives underground for 5 months in a limestone mine that is now used for storage of RV's and boats. They charge $185 for 5 months of winter storage. I think it is $70 a month if you leave it past 5 months. It'as a great deal and is certainly nice to have the garage for the cars in the winter.

Check it out...

Gateway Commerce Center

That ROCKS!!

Thats awesome. Although I must say the guy who is presenting the videos is freaking terrible.

Check it out...

Gateway Commerce Center

That ROCKS!!

Thats awesome. Although I must say the guy who is presenting the videos is freaking terrible.

You all are getting a deal I pay $247 with power hookup inside full service storage in the Bay Area Whistling.gif

Check it out...

Gateway Commerce Center

That ROCKS!!

You all are getting a deal I pay $247 with power hookup inside full service storage in the Bay Area Whistling.gif

I hope that is for the whole off season! If that is for a month that's insane! Shocking.gif

Edited by martinarcher

Check it out...

Gateway Commerce Center

That ROCKS!!

I hope that is for the whole off season! If that is for a month that's insane! Shocking.gif

Per month 26 feet of boat camera's ...full security...California Living...crazy I know.. Cry.gifCry.gif

Check it out...

Gateway Commerce Center

That ROCKS!!

Per month 26 feet of boat camera's ...full security...California Living...crazy I know.. Cry.gifCry.gif

Perhaps it's time for a move to Iowa. Southern Iowa for warmer water.

Check it out...

Gateway Commerce Center

That ROCKS!!

Ouch. That is brutal. I debated putting the boat in the climate controlled area this morning when I put it into storage but decided not to because it would have been $300 for 5 months instead of $185! Whistling.gif You're making me feel cheap! Biggrin.gif

• 10 months later...

Trying to get the boat out of the garage just for the brutal winter months. Every place I have been look is at least 125$ a month! There was even one place that was 350$ a month..... I'm in the wrong buisness!! Any crew member in SW Ohio looking for an investment??? haha So far it looks like the boat gets the garage!!

Around here $125 will get me a metal building, concrete floor, 12'x30' unit, with power.

We can also go with various other storage facilities where a bunch of boats go in one building. And the price is a lot less. But you can't pull the boat out anytime you want. And if the lake is liquid, Santa is gonna need a boat on Christmas Eve. :rockon:

$75 a month for 3-sided, large tin-shed style storage that has 14 boats/rv's in a row within a gated, on-site owner storage facility. It is 3 miles to our local lake and has been great for summer storage. This will be the first winter storing at this location (previously indoor storage at dealer 3hrs away). Will winterize mid-October but decided not to shrink wrap as the boat sits pretty deep in the storage and is between two 30+ft RV's. Plan to double cover and check periodically.

Check it out...

Gateway Commerce Center

That is a sweet storage place, and a great deal.