Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trivia Time!

Pistol Pete

Most of you know that someday I'm gonna write a detailed winterization article. I need answers to the following questions because I have a 2000 boat and haven't been under the hood of many late model boats, lately.

What model year did the Ski Vee come out?

On what model boats?

Who makes it?

Is there a raw water hose cooling it? (like a V-drive)

What model year did throttle by wire come out?

On what model boats?

What model year did shift by wire come out?

On what model boats?

Do any motors have a Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF) inside the air intake? This would be mounted just after the air filter/cleaner.

SkiVee

Who makes it?

ZF, it is mated to a ZF Transmission.

Yes, the hose from the water intake goes through the V-drive first, the "exit" line runs back to the impeller.

There are two zinc anodes in it also.

You might be able to see it from the pictures i posted with the flushpro install.

I can also try to take a few pictures before i put the boat into storage.

The other Vdrive option (from my owners manual) is a Walter V-Drive. No information on that.

Throttle by wire was 2007 I beleive.

Shift by wire was a year later in 2008.

You've got me on the models. I have the brochure at home and I think it was on all models, but ICBW.

SkiVee

Who makes it?

ZF, it is mated to a ZF Transmission.

Yes, the hose from the water intake goes through the V-drive first, the "exit" line runs back to the impeller.

There are two zinc anodes in it also.

You might be able to see it from the pictures i posted with the flushpro install.

I can also try to take a few pictures before i put the boat into storage.

The other Vdrive option (from my owners manual) is a Walter V-Drive. No information on that.

ah yes the anodes, i did not check mine during winterizing. do they come out between the drive and the fuel tank, or where are they?

ah yes the anodes, i did not check mine during winterizing. do they come out between the drive and the fuel tank, or where are they?

They are on the "front" side of the skivee, almost against the fuel tank. I did not check mine, so i am not sure how they will come out.

There is not very much room in there. I decided to do this part in the spring..... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Most of you know that someday I'm gonna write a detailed winterization article. I need answers to the following questions because I have a 2000 boat and haven't been under the hood of many late model boats, lately.

Would it be good to add some general guidelines for the boat and trailer to this guide?

Maybe a checklist of things to consider / review?

Some ideas to start -

Spray WD-40 on ball latching mechanism.

Check lighting system for loose or low hanging wires.

Inspect / replace harness connector.

Spray WD-40 on tongue hinge and retaining pin.

Release tension on tie down straps.

Remove thru-hull drains, spray with thread lubricant / neversieze and reinstall.

Inspect / tighten guide poles.

(it might be a long list)

Would it be good to add some general guidelines for the boat and trailer to this guide?

Some ideas to start -

Spray WD-40 on ball latching mechanism.

Check lighting system for loose or low hanging wires.

Inspect / replace harness connector.

Spray WD-40 on tongue hinge and retaining pin.

Release tension on tie down straps.

Remove thru-hull drains, spray with thread lubricant / neversieze and reinstall.

Inspect / tighten guide poles.

(it might be a long list)

based on Trailer Tongue Cracked i would add "inspect welds and give the trailer a good inspection".

Thanks. I am going to add a section at the end about my experiences with storing the boat and trailer outside. I'll just include what I do/check ie. pump up tires, battery tender, hubs and such.

Edited by Pistol Pete