Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Throttle Lag

LXI Silver

On my '07 RLXI with Hammerhead, the throttle is lagging when decelerating. When I move from about 32 mph down to about 28 mph slowly the throttle will not react and then it will "drop" from 32 mph to 28mph with a noticeable lag that actually throws you forward a little in the boat. It only happens when decelerating and it doesn't occur when the malibu cruise control is on (i dont have PP). It always occurs at about the same speed or place in the throttle arm rotation.

I tried lubing the throttle cable at the engine and it didn't help. Any advice on what to check next?

Thanks in advance to the crew.

Throttle wire? You should be shift by wire only, fly by wire throttle in a 2007 boat.

Sounds like your pedal position sensor on the shift control or motor (you have two Pedal sensors) is sticky, hooked up to the computer it should be easy problem to diagnose in 30-45 minutes or so because you can watch the percent values to the pedal position sensors as you move the sensor manually with your hand. If one of them gets "stuck" at one point and your still moving the sensor you know what the issue is and either need to try and lube it up (I think it's more internals with the sensor) or replace it.

Hope this helps out, your not far from us so let me know if you need us to check the boat out.

Thanks

-Paul

Edited by Bake's Marine

Thanks Paul. I lubed the piston at the end of the wire at the motor. I am not much of a wrench so I don't really understand what you said, but it doesn't sound like I can fix it myself. The boat is in Crescent Bar and I was hoping to not have to drag it back to Iss, but I need to get it fixed and have no experience with Wenatchee repair shops.

Let me know if you think I really need to bring it in.

Dave

Edited by LXI Silver
On my '07 RLXI with Hammerhead, the throttle is lagging when decelerating. When I move from about 32 mph down to about 28 mph slowly the throttle will not react and then it will "drop" from 32 mph to 28mph with a noticeable lag that actually throws you forward a little in the boat. It only happens when decelerating and it doesn't occur when the malibu cruise control is on (i dont have PP). It always occurs at about the same speed or place in the throttle arm rotation.

I tried lubing the throttle cable at the engine and it didn't help. Any advice on what to check next?

Thanks in advance to the crew.

Mine has the same problem. I thought maybe the potentiometer had a bad spot (don't know if that really happens :unsure: ), but now I think the dealer should have a look and make some adjustments.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks Paul. I lubed the piston at the end of the wire at the motor. I am not much of a wrench so I don't really understand what you said, but it doesn't sound like I can fix it myself. The boat is in Crescent Bar and I was hoping to not have to drag it back to Iss, but I need to get it fixed and have no experience with Wenatchee repair shops.

Let me know if you think I really need to bring it in.

Dave

It's not hurting anything so I would just set up a appointment next time your on this side of the mountains so we could take a look at it.

With out knowing how it works or the tools /computer to read the data coming from the sensors i think it would be a really hard do it yourself project. Most likely one of the pedal sensors has a dead spot in it.

Thanks

Paul