Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

winterizing 5.7l indmar

andrewandcathy

trying to draw antifreeze into engine using the inlet hose from the impellar...no sucktion...wondering if the thermostat needs to open first??? if so how does the impellar stay lubricated under normal operation????

I am winterinzing for a friend and am not familiar with this engine. On my boat (natique) I just connect a hose to the inlet and suck in the antifreeze...no problem.

trying to draw antifreeze into engine using the inlet hose from the impellar...no sucktion...wondering if the thermostat needs to open first??? if so how does the impellar stay lubricated under normal operation????

I am winterinzing for a friend and am not familiar with this engine. On my boat (natique) I just connect a hose to the inlet and suck in the antifreeze...no problem.

Should be the same as your boat, did you verify if the impeller was pulling water OK? It might have burned up. You could always pour it into a funnel with engine running if you can pour quick enough.

We don't run anti-freeze in our area for environmental reasons so i don't have any other real good suggestions.

Good luck

Paul

Should be the same as your boat, did you verify if the impeller was pulling water OK? It might have burned up. You could always pour it into a funnel with engine running if you can pour quick enough.

We don't run anti-freeze in our area for environmental reasons so i don't have any other real good suggestions.

Good luck

Paul

Good luck

Paul

That's the funny thing...I inspected the impellar and it looks fine but there is very little sucktion...I'm wondering if there is a blockage somewhere...

Good luck

Paul

That's the funny thing...I inspected the impellar and it looks fine but there is very little sucktion...I'm wondering if there is a blockage somewhere...

Check the tranny cooler, follow the outlet hose of the impeller housing to a cannister. Pull the hoses off there and look/feel around inside for old impeller parts and other debris. If the impeller can't push it can't pull very well either.