Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HOA Issues

Ndawg12

I'm sure there enough other anal folk that would complain.

Thats Me, I don't even like cars in the driveway, you have a garage it's not a storage unit your suppose to park in it.

Seriously, I have a pretty good street where you rarely see a car parked in the street over night, and most have 3 car garages so there may be one car in the driveway at night like My work truck is. It makes the street look nice and clean not like a parking lot, and theres 4 boats(3 Bu's) on My culdesac.

My old house had nicely landscaped front yard with My neighbor big old POS 1970s moss covered cabin cruiser parked right on the edge in His driveway wish I had an HOA then, only the neighborhood cats used it. I had to buy a cat trap,sorry thats a different story..

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ndawg12

• Bill_AirJunky

• obski

• Lance B. Johnson

I'm on the board for our HOA and we allow a 48 hour parking... bummer they are not more flexible but if its in the CCR's there is not much you can do.

-Paul

paul has a point here.

Step 1 file your petition, get your changes.

Step 2 become a board member and end your problem for good.

...... one car in the driveway at night like My work truck is.

VIOLATION! Report him!

One of my neighbors got reported for this. He's on call & needs the truck. Now he'll have to park it off site & drive his own car to/from it. I suggested he remove the decals & go with magnets....... one of which has a giant middle finger. :rockon:

Thats Me, I don't even like cars in the driveway, you have a garage it's not a storage unit your suppose to park in it.

Seriously, I have a pretty good street where you rarely see a car parked in the street over night, and most have 3 car garages so there may be one car in the driveway at night like My work truck is. It makes the street look nice and clean not like a parking lot, and theres 4 boats(3 Bu's) on My culdesac.

My old house had nicely landscaped front yard with My neighbor big old POS 1970s moss covered cabin cruiser parked right on the edge in His driveway wish I had an HOA then, only the neighborhood cats used it. I had to buy a cat trap,sorry thats a different story..

Now that's a story I want to hear - maybe start a new cat trap thread. :biggrin:

I just purposely bought in an HOA neighborhood. I've yet to move in full time but so far I'm liking the no cars in the driveway well kept yards etc. My new house is on a small lake with all the backyards facing the water. Six houses down some folks of Middle Eastern persuasion bought a 3900 square foot house with a huge indoor laundry room and proceeded to install their washer and dryer on the back patio. Thank goodness for the HOA. Our time limit for boats and RV's is four hours but I knew that going in.

I just purposely bought in an HOA neighborhood. I've yet to move in full time but so far I'm liking the no cars in the driveway well kept yards etc. My new house is on a small lake with all the backyards facing the water. Six houses down some folks of Middle Eastern persuasion bought a 3900 square foot house with a huge indoor laundry room and proceeded to install their washer and dryer on the back patio. Thank goodness for the HOA. Our time limit for boats and RV's is four hours but I knew that going in.

All them head turbans and robes they wear take up a ton of room :lol: .

Ok, now that's the second time I've heard someone say they liked it when people don't park in the driveway. I have no problem with that I'm sure it makes the neighborhood look nice (maybe this post should go in the pet peeves thread, kind of an off tangent rant :biggrin: ). But what about the cookie cutter neighborhoods that have thousands of houses all with garages too small to park a small SUV in (20'x20') or the driveway is just barely wide enough to park 2 cars side by side but then you're still stepping into the grass when you get out. You have to store your tools, yard equipment, etc. in your garage because your backyard is too small for a storage shed. I can barely get a saturn sl2 in my garage. After owning a house for 6 years now, these little things are starting to p me off. I'm ready to get out in the country with a couple acres of property, a huge garage, a seperate shop/storage building and where the bu can be with us every day :yahoo:

Not sure where all that came from, just something I wanted to off my chest, thanks for listening!

Ok, now that's the second time I've heard someone say they liked it when people don't park in the driveway. I have no problem with that I'm sure it makes the neighborhood look nice (maybe this post should go in the pet peeves thread, kind of an off tangent rant :biggrin: ). But what about the cookie cutter neighborhoods that have thousands of houses all with garages too small to park a small SUV in (20'x20') or the driveway is just barely wide enough to park 2 cars side by side but then you're still stepping into the grass when you get out. You have to store your tools, yard equipment, etc. in your garage because your backyard is too small for a storage shed. I can barely get a saturn sl2 in my garage. After owning a house for 6 years now, these little things are starting to p me off. I'm ready to get out in the country with a couple acres of property, a huge garage, a seperate shop/storage building and where the bu can be with us every day :yahoo:

Not sure where all that came from, just something I wanted to off my chest, thanks for listening!

I've got a nice place in Cali I'll sell you, its got everything you mentioned with stunning mountain views and a pool. After fifteen years of enjoyment, I'm ready for a lot less work.

Edited by LS-One

I've got a nice place in Cali I'll sell you, its got everything you mentioned with stunning mountain views and a pool. After fifteen years of enjoyment, I'm ready for a lot less work.

I'm listening....I don't think it would be too hard to get the wifey interested in Cali. #1 question, how close is it to boatable water?

I'm listening....I don't think it would be too hard to get the wifey interested in Cali. #1 question, how close is it to boatable water?

Depending on where you want to launch 12 miles to the backside of Lake Mc Clure where the Merced river feeds in or 28 to the Dam side.

Truly Unique 18 acre Property Offers Many Outstanding Upgrades! A Gorgeous Home With Phenomenal Views Of The High Sierra Mountains. The Owners Have Lovingly Maintained and Continue To Make Exceptional Updates Inside and Out. Sunken Living Room w/ Fireplace. Gorgeous New GRANITE in the Spacious Kitchen w/ Pecan Cabinetry, Built in Wine Cooler,and Super Skylight Flooding This Fantastic Room w/ Abundant Light. Master Offers Fireplace As Well. A Cozy Media Room features Built in Entertainment Center with Separate Office and Craft Room Along Side. Adjacent is a Family Game Room w/Indoor BBQ, and Woodstove.(exterior/interior top of the line sound system thru out) No Need to Travel to the Tropics When You Can Have Your Own Luxurious Private Pool in a Lush Private Garden Setting. Below is the Newly Remodeled Immaculate Shop with Many Built ins, Satelite, Sound System and Woodstove. SO MUCH TO SEE AND APPRECIATE HERE. :whistle:

Edited by LS-One

Depending on where you want to launch 12 miles to the backside of Lake Mc Clure where the Merced river feeds in or 28 to the Dam side.

Truly Unique 18 acre Property Offers Many Outstanding Upgrades! A Gorgeous Home With Phenomenal Views Of The High Sierra Mountains. The Owners Have Lovingly Maintained and Continue To Make Exceptional Updates Inside and Out. Sunken Living Room w/ Fireplace. Gorgeous New GRANITE in the Spacious Kitchen w/ Pecan Cabinetry, Built in Wine Cooler,and Super Skylight Flooding This Fantastic Room w/ Abundant Light. Master Offers Fireplace As Well. A Cozy Media Room features Built in Entertainment Center with Separate Office and Craft Room Along Side. Adjacent is a Family Game Room w/Indoor BBQ, and Woodstove.(exterior/interior top of the line sound system thru out) No Need to Travel to the Tropics When You Can Have Your Own Luxurious Private Pool in a Lush Private Garden Setting. Below is the Newly Remodeled Immaculate Shop with Many Built ins, Satelite, Sound System and Woodstove. SO MUCH TO SEE AND APPRECIATE HERE. :whistle:

Wow, I'm afraid to ask my next question. Just remember that my boat is a vRide :biggrin:

Edit-awesome man that looks fantastic the pool and mountain views are incredible, but we're expecting our second child in about 2 months, we're gonna need at least 4 bedrooms :cry:

Edited by Ndawg12

not interested in moving nor buying the place in cali - I've been following this thread - the cc&r issue is both a blessing and a curse depending upon what side you're on - my experience, I purchased the one place in my neighborhood where the previous owner had his bayliner sitting in the driveway- and the guy was a cop - everybody grumbled but not too loudly.... the neighborhood gestapo happens to live next door - when he started to inquire about my boat in the driveway I invited him and his family out on the boat and I also hired him to paint my house - he doesn't say word one about the boat in the driveway, his kids had a great time. He knows very well that it could be worse... I took a more pro-active approach in dealing with the issue - the other thing that I do is fire off my classic car every so often when he's out in his yard - on a full choke the air gets pretty raspy not to mention the sound when I blast the throttle. he usually makes a pretty hasty departure. (probably because his eyes are bleeding from the exhaust) He was also building something in the back yard - I called the county - no permit... essentially I turned the tables on this guy and he's really mellowed out to the point where I could actually see myself having a beer with this guy... naturally we never speak directly about this... can't wait to get started on my shop ( no permit) - I'll hire him to paint that too... funny... last time I got a notice about violating the CC&R's - the document went into emergency reserve duty in the bathroom...