Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pics of XTP tower on Response LXi

billb

I'm looking at getting a new RLXi and putting a tower on it (not beyond 28 off yet, so OK with a tower). Can't find pics on Malibu's site of this tower on this boat. Anybody have pics or instructions regarding how to find these pics?

Here is a picture of the Extreme Tower on my boat. I know it is the older generation, but it should give you an idea.

May2008103.jpg

Here is another picture showing how you don't loose any clearance with the tower installed.

MyTowerandBimini.jpg

My dealer and Malibu were zero help in getting the tower. I ended getting it directly from Extreme and installing it myself...which was actually very easy once I got past drilling holes in my brand new boat.

I think that's a great looking tower that compliments the lines of the windshield. I believe it's a bit shorter than other towers, but not sure by how much. I agree, Wakes, it doesn't look like a problem at any length (not even the 39 off that I'm sure will come next season).

I can't wait.

Hey, why does your signature say that you own a 2005 Blue VLX?

I guess the same reason yours says "2001 SLXi 325 Monsoon PP Wedge Tower Boom" Tease.gif

Where can you get these towers? I went to their website and it appears as if they have merged with Monster Tower.... but monster tower doesn't have any XTP stuff on their webpage.

I was just going to get an pylon extension for boarding but finding a tower that wont obstruct my skiing is pretty cool.

Where can you get these towers? I went to their website and it appears as if they have merged with Monster Tower.... but monster tower doesn't have any XTP stuff on their webpage.

I was just going to get an pylon extension for boarding but finding a tower that wont obstruct my skiing is pretty cool.

Have you tried contacting them [email protected] or call us at 865-981-9898 , or your dealer.

That tower in a custom and I believe made only for the RLXi's.

I can't wait.

Hey, why does your signature say that you own a 2005 Blue VLX?

I guess the same reason yours says "2001 SLXi 325 Monsoon PP Wedge Tower Boom" Tease.gif

'Cuz that's what I own today........ Tease.gif

• 9 months later...

Can anyone tell me what make and model the wakeboard racks are on the blue RLXI as I just purchased the same tower and they look good , any info would be great ,

Can anyone tell me what make and model the wakeboard racks are on the blue RLXI as I just purchased the same tower and they look good , any info would be great ,

Send a pm to edgeski1. He is the dealer that ordered and sold that boat originally.

• 4 years later...

Bringing back a dead thread....

I just got a new 06 RLXI and was looking around for a tower. I think the only tower I would allow myself to put on the boat would be the XTP tower that was a stock option. I contacted XTP and they stated they stopped production on that tower a few years ago and I was SoL in getting one. But before I give up I've got a few questions:

However I'm curious if the dimensions of the new one for the TXI would fit?

And anyone who purchased one aftermarket did you go thru a Malibu dealer?

Will it fit with a stock Bimini?

What was the $$ amount for the tower?

ahopkins22LSV

Will depend on the beam, not sure if they changed or not between 06 LXi and the TXi. I have a feeling the TXi is slightly wider though... Also the support bars would not follow your windshield, the TXi windshield curves back to the deck more aggressive that the LXi.

• Like 1

Your dilemma is the windshield, the LXi's windshield swoops back further, the redesigned XTP for the TXi

Swoops with the windshield and the spacing for your hoops mounting front to back on the gunwale will be to short.

The XTP tower, is a OEM for Malibu from XTP, only available from Malibu, your going to have to

find the older style for you LXi used, or maybe a Malibu dealer may still have one in stock, It's probably going to be the same illusive animal as the T3 for a response. Don't ask me how I know. ..lol.....

All the best with your find....

post-20239-0-07023700-1438813165_thumb.j

Edited by Dare2goBare

As you've found out, the XTP is such a OEM animal that they don't keep old jigs, they remake them into new jigs when they revise towers for newer models. Since XTP owns Monster, they feel just fine telling you to buy aftermarket. :mad:

That said, as others have said, there have been two revisions from you boat to the current TXI, and the current gen TXI tower will not fit on your boat - the windshield is too long.

A member had us attempt to get the same tower for his, and found the same issue. If you want to consider another option, I personally think the Samson blade or the Star One tower is still great options, and we sell a number of both.

Peter

• 4 years later...