Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

AC Filter PN Change

If you use the AC PF25 Oil Filter, it has been replaced by PF454.

I use the PF932 which is a truck and bus filter for the 350 and 454. It's longer and holds about 1.5 quarts. I have used this filter on every Chevy motor that I could fit it on. I don't use it for the extra oil capacity but instead for it's higher flow rate. The NAPA Gold # is 1794.

Is the new AC Filter shorter than the PF25. Did my winterizing last weekend and I had a PF25..... it is about 1/2" longer than the Pennzoil PZ3. That extra 1/2" caused a headache as the filter interfered with the fresh water inlet hose. Has to do some serious maneuvering to get it in.

Nutty,

Is that Napa Gold 1794 the larger capacity version of the Napa Gold 1069?

Pete, that is correct. The 1069 and 1794 are the same diameter, use the same gasket and the same thread diameter and pitch. The 1794 is just longer. When you cross it to a Baldwin filter it's a B7 and the length is 8 11/16" vs 4 3/8". I think the NAPA filter is a little shorter than the Baldwin because Baldwin's website says the B7 holds 2 quarts. Not every boat will have the space to accomodate the longer filter but if you do I say why not use it. It's an extra 3/4 to 1 quart more oil in the system and more flow capacity.