Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Replacement Decals

Levi900RR

So my stock "Euro f3" decals were trashed. I removed them this spring. I plan to wet sand/buff my hull this winter and need to pick out some new decals. This is what I was thinking about.

What does everyone think? Pardon my lameo Photoshop skills, I hope you can use your imagination...

post-7837-1256067521_thumb.jpg

So my stock "Euro f3" decals were trashed. I removed them this spring. I plan to wet sand/buff my hull this winter and need to pick out some new decals. This is what I was thinking about.

What does everyone think? Pardon my lameo Photoshop skills, I hope you can use your imagination...

I'm doing mine too this year, the stock ones are all scraped up. But, instead of the big logo, I'm going with a small one near the stern. I saw NorCal's boat on random images, that's what he did and it really looks nice, OEM. I think they will be a lot less likely to get rubbed up back there, plus I like the smaller, more subtle look.

...I saw NorCal's boat on random images, that's what he did and it really looks nice, OEM.

:blush:

post-45-1256185004_thumb.jpg

The little one in the back was going to be my other option... Maybe one of these?

That one is kinda big (5" x 26")...the smaller ones are ~ 2½" x 12" (that's what I used).

Nor Cal, That looks SUPER clean. Thanks for posting a pic, I'm sold. Hope you don't mind if I steal your idea!

P.S. Where did you get them? Bakes?

Edited by Levi900RR
Nor Cal, That looks SUPER clean. Thanks for posting a pic, I'm sold. Hope you don't mind if I steal your idea!

P.S. Where did you get them?

Thumbup.gif I got them from my local dealer (who has since gone belly up). I would check your local dealer. They were only ~ $15.00 ea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like I need to call around and see what I can find. I do like the smaller ones...

Be prepared for hours and hours of wetsanding and polishing if you want to remove the old decals on a boat that old. Guaranteed. The unexposed gel beneath the stickers will not match the rest of the gel. It takes a lot of work but you can restore the gel to like new if done correctly. Especially important if you don't replace with the same size decal. I had to do it on my sunsetter and went with a simple, more modern malibu logo (black with chrome outline). Looks great, but kinda miss the classic look at the same time.

• 9 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I did the small decal too, just thought I'd post it in case anyone else with an older boat was considering replacing damaged decals. I put it above the rail on the white, because the red takes some rubbing to maintain.

Here's a before and after. Some ghosting of the old letters, but it has faded this year already. Not enough for me to worry about.

post-8942-128337246469_thumb.jpg

post-8942-128337249523_thumb.jpg

I know this is an old thread, but I did the small decal too, just thought I'd post it in case anyone else with an older boat was considering replacing damaged decals. I put it above the rail on the white, because the red takes some rubbing to maintain.

Here's a before and after. Some ghosting of the old letters, but it has faded this year already. Not enough for me to worry about.

MB,

That is what I ended up doing, looks much cleaner. Sweet looking Echelon! :rockon:

• 6 months later...

I have the last post!! HaHaa!

Just thought I'd add Michigan boarder that I've a Euro F3, newly restored and brought back to life. Also going with the small decals at the back but I'm gonna put them above the rub rail too. If anyone keeps their boat in the water I think the dock would damage and scrape the decals below the rubrail at the back like that in about two days...

Maybe I'll start a new post with the results

I have the last post!! HaHaa!

Just thought I'd add Michigan boarder that I've a Euro F3, newly restored and brought back to life. Also going with the small decals at the back but I'm gonna put them above the rub rail too. If anyone keeps their boat in the water I think the dock would damage and scrape the decals below the rubrail at the back like that in about two days...

Maybe I'll start a new post with the results

Dude, you have a 93 Euro F3 Skier??? PUT UP A PIC OF IT!!!!!

I want to see it, what color is it???

PS, dont let your boat hit the dock. :Tease3::rockon: