Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

which fat sac?

badluck

which 1 will fit better 750 0r 400 or 565 in the rear compartment of 07 vlx? Is the 2 pump system the way to go?

I hear that the 750's fit real nicely in that area.

Plus1.gif I've got a Fly High 750# in each of the rear lockers in my 07 VLX and they fit perfectly.

which 1 will fit better 750 0r 400 or 565 in the rear compartment of 07 vlx? Is the 2 pump system the way to go?

I am considering replacing the fly high 750's with the straight line 900's. (the 750's fit great btw as would the sumo 900's). It would be an easy way to get an extra few pounds in the bin.

Yes the 2 pump system is the best. one fill, one drain.

Where do you put the thru hull? I'm guessing 3 per bag? 1 in 1 out 1 vent? 900 sounds perfect.

I haven't actually seen a sl sumo sac, but now that you mention the vent, i think i have only seen one valve on the top of the 900.

Where do you put the thru hull? I'm guessing 3 per bag? 1 in 1 out 1 vent? 900 sounds perfect.

I haven't actually seen a sl sumo sac, but now that you mention the vent, i think i have only seen one valve on the top of the 900.

The specs say that each of the Sumo Sacs have a total of 4 ports: 3xLPL & 1x3/4" (traditional port to be used with waterbed fitting). Based on the pictures I have seen, though, it does look like there is just one port (LPL) on the top. There looks to be another on the end of the bag - nearest to the one on the top - that is toward the top of the bag. I assume this is meant for a vent.

vlx-wakefreak or anyone else that has one of these sacs - Can you please enlighten us on the placement of the valves?

You can do it with just 2 thru hulls: One in the bilge area for the fill pump and one on the side of the boat for both the drain and vent.

You can do it with just 2 thru hulls: One in the bilge area for the fill pump and one on the side of the boat for both the drain and vent.

But you need 2 fittings on top of the bag (one fill, one vent). does anyone know if the straight line sumo sac 900 has 2 valves on top?

But you need 2 fittings on top of the bag (one fill, one vent). does anyone know if the straight line sumo sac 900 has 2 valves on top?

If there is a port on the end of the bag toward the top, you could use this for the fill and use the one on the top for the vent.

I don't know if I would plumb in these sacs, though. The LPL valves don't seem well suited for this. They are better for manually filling/draining as they are a quick-connect. You would need to secure the connector to the port somehow or they may twist and come off. IMHO, the Fly High sacs are much better suited for permanent solutions.

Edited by kernaltao

If there is a port on the end of the bag toward the top, you could use this for the fill and use the one on the top for the vent.

I don't know if I would plumb in these sacs, though. The LPL valves don't seem well suited for this. They are better for manually filling/draining as they are a quick-connect. You would need to secure the connector to the port somehow or they may twist and come off. IMHO, the Fly High sacs are much better suited for permanent solutions.

I agree, it does not seem to be as good for permanent install, but at 900#'s it is worth finding out if they can be locked in place. a 1/4 turn lock in would not be ideal.

Are 750 fly highs good for permanent installs? If so where is the best place to mount the pumps?

Fly High sacs are the best sacs made period IMO and experience. They cost more for a reason, they are thicker and more durable than other sacs. If you are installing permanent plumbed in sacs I wouldn't waste my time or money installing anything else but fly high. You can always put a Y valve in and use your stock fill pump, then thread a drain pump to the rear bottom fitting on the bag.

Piggyback 750 flyhigh from wake makers any good?

First rate guys Thumbup.gif The first version of the piggy back had a couple of issues but worked. They have since refined the product. I would recommend them.

I would check out both of the following threads. lots of good info

Wakemakers piggyback system

Also Bakes has anAdd a Bag system!

Edited by cyoda44

First rate guys Thumbup.gif The first version of the piggy back had a couple of issues but worked. They have since refined the product. I would recommend them.

The bakes add a bag system is fool proof and proven to work from day 1.

The bakes add a bag system is fool proof and proven to work from day 1.

Agreed!! Rockon.gif

cost might be a factor....

Are 750 fly highs good for permanent installs? If so where is the best place to mount the pumps?

My 01 VLX had no rear factory ballast. I installed 2 pumps near the v-drive to supply the fly high 750s. I am going to upgrade from the 800 GPM to the 1200 GPM this winter.

post-10115-1256326320_thumb.jpg

Drilling the two holes was a little scary!

• 1 month later...

Typically we do not recommend using Launch Pad bags for permanent installations due to the limitations of the fittings in their bags. For manual filling and draining they work just fine, but even with their new LPL adapter fittings they're just not as friendly as the connection system Fly High uses, which is perfectly secure and has thousands of fitting combination options.