Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Corvette Z06

performanceunlimited

Just curious how popular the Corvette Malibus Z06s are? I am thinking about buying one. Any body seen prices or availablity? I have not seen any online, there is an 1998 on Ebay.

Not very popular at all. Most people involved in wakeboard or hydrofoil don't appreciate the lack of tower or ballast, not to mention seating or storage. And it seems like even skiers & barefooters don't get it either.

The only guy I ever knew who owned one just cruised around in it. He was the kind of guy who had money to burn..... and he did.

We sold our 2008. the 73 year old guy that bought it absolutely loves it. The best part of the boat is the noise the motor makes. It's not loud, but it is the absolute best sound on the water.

the mid 60 mph speeds aren't bad either

Edited by edgeski1
The Callaway engine was a finicky pain in the arse to keep tuned and running like a top. Does it have the LS1 or the Callaway Supernatural?

my 97 with a callaway supernatural has been great in my opinion,,,,we pulled novice/mid wakeboarders with a skylon, pulled parasails beach

start with 400' of rope, and its the "hole shot from hell" for barefooting (many hours doing run ups to 40mph), jerks the big boy rookie/slalom

skiers right up

i had a valve spring break at 400+ hours, and a rocker arm nut come off at 800+ hours

i suppose if you ran it at 60mph all the time it might take a worse beating,,but its fun to put it there once in a while

when you foot at 40, and you could go 60, your not at the high rpm of the engine versus running a 46mph top end boat

at 40

i make sure she's serviced regularly, but i have no 'wrench monkey' in me, just try to treat her right!!!

she's my 3rd inboard i've owned, and the best,,,my 06 23lsv wakesetter is a battleship to drive versus the

vette, i dont think i'll get rid of her anytime soon.....

Just curious how popular the Corvette Malibus Z06s are? I am thinking about buying one. Any body seen prices or availablity? I have not seen any online, there is an 1998 on Ebay.

that went for 11,899.00 last night, the guy lowered his reserve earlier yesterday.