Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swoop Tower on 2005 Response lxi

cjespinoza

I have a 2005 response lxi with a swoop tower. Does anyone out there have a swoop tower that could answer any questions about the tower. I thought it would fit in my garage with the tower in the upright position--but no, it won't. So I had to tie it from the rafters because when completely down it hits the windshield on both sides. Do others have the same issue?

Can the tower be easily removed at the hinges?

Anything else I need to know? Thanks

Sounds like you have an Illusion Tower. A swoop folds away from the windshield.

First make sure what type of tower you have then someone will answer I'm sure.

This is a Swoop tower.

post-149-1255887469.jpg

Sounds like you have an Illusion Tower. A swoop folds away from the windshield.

First make sure what type of tower you have then someone will answer I'm sure.

This is a Swoop tower.

Hi, That is an exact picture of my tower. It disconnects on both sides in the front with hinges on the rear of the tower and folds towards the back of the boat. It seems like a nice setup until it rested on the windshielf on both sides. Carol

i have the swoop tower and it rests on the rear seats when folded, is your tower installed backwards? Yes you can unbolt it at the hinges and remove the upper half of the tower, 2 simple hex bolts

i have the swoop tower and it rests on the rear seats when folded, is your tower installed backwards? Yes you can unbolt it at the hinges and remove the upper half of the tower, 2 simple hex bolts

Hi, I thought mine would also rest somewhere on the backseat when disconnected and folded but we noticed when we put it down that when it was in that down position it would dent the metal part of the windshield. So, it doesn't appear that it is installed backwards. I thought that it should be able to lie in the boat without damaging anything but that's not the case. We dealt with it even though it doesn't seem like it should be this way.

Does seem odd. :unsure: Who remembers when the Response got the windshield that extends further back? Dontknow.gif That may very well be the difference. Either that or the tower was mounted too far forward. Either way...bummer.

Yeah it sounds like its mounted a little further forward than mine since my swoop doesn't come anywhere near my windshield.

It's easy to take off, I use to do it all the time at my old house. Just get a friend (maybe 2 in your case) a properly sized allen wrench and remove it.

Taking the stainless bolt on and off a bunch starts to chew up the aluminum tower threads after awhile, be careful.