Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2002 Monsoon RPM wire for Perfect Pass

Hi All

I'm helping somebody 400 miles away from me with a Perfect Pass install.

I think something is wrong with their tach signal. The boat is a Response LX 2002 model. It has a Monsoon 335hp engine and uses Medallion MDC-1600 dash computer.

The symptom is that over about 3000rpm the tach readout starts to reduce. For example at 3100rpm the readout is showing 2900rpm. At 3500rpm it is showing about 2500rpm. For this reason RPM control does not work over 3000rpm.

Could anybody with a working Perfect Pass with an MDC-1600 dash help me please (with our without the 335 monsoon engine)? I'd really like a photo of where the tach wires from the Perfect Pass master module hook up to on the other end.

p.s. we have totally replaced the Perfect Pass system and it hasn't helped. Have tried both stargazer and PP pro master modules plus new RPM sensor cables.

Thanks

Greg

Edited by ghind
Tach Wire is usually the solid Gray wire comming from the engine harness to the mmdc

Thank you, would you have photos of where the RPM wire joins in on a working installation that I could help this person with?

Thanks again

Greg