Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another Fraud???

Ndawg12

Definitely a scam. If you ship to an address that is not the payors, the payor can have paypal rescind the transfer of money. The only way to deal on Paypal is to only deal directly with the person whose acct./email address is used to pay for the item and to ship it to that payor's listed address for that acct. Go to paypal and look at the fine print about sellers responsibility and rights. There is not much protection for sellers it is mostly geared to buyers protection.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ndawg12

• areamike

• John.Rozenboom

• Bobby Light

Definitely a scam. If you ship to an address that is not the payors, the payor can have paypal rescind the transfer of money. The only way to deal on Paypal is to only deal directly with the person whose acct./email address is used to pay for the item and to ship it to that payor's listed address for that acct. Go to paypal and look at the fine print about sellers responsibility and rights. There is not much protection for sellers it is mostly geared to buyers protection.

So do they come after me legally if I have all ready withdrawn the money?

So do they come after me legally if I have all ready withdrawn the money?

Standard business practice would be for paypal to request the money from you, if you don't pay them, it would go to collections. bye bye credit.

If your acct. is linked to a credit card or bank acct. then it would be sent as a debit to such acct. and the funds would be taken. If no link to such acct. then collection agency and bad credit.

This happened to Surfdad on Wakeworld.com when he sold a wakesurf board. Lost board and gained a huge headache, if you don't care if you get anything for your item then you might consider it, except for the fact that you are perpetrating this type of scam by rewarding these scammers.

If your acct. is linked to a credit card or bank acct. then it would be sent as a debit to such acct. and the funds would be taken. If no link to such acct. then collection agency and bad credit.

10-4, I just basically told her to piss off! These people are amazing!!

Well the game is over, John figured me out!!!

He wrote:

Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 10:09 PM

To: Nate Nemire

Subject: Re: 2006 Mastercraft X-45, $28000

Nice posting Nate:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....showtopic=23598

Thanks,

John

And I wrote:

Just playing your game. If you were legit then why don’t you explain your case? Come on man, Google Checkout? I bet you have a whole fake document that explains this procedure. I’ve heard of the Western Union thing, Autotrader secure payment, and now Google Checkout, what will you guys think of next? That boat is worth $50k+, so why would you be trying to sell it for $28k? Probably because you scammers have figured the threshold of how much money someone might actually send without meeting the seller or seeing the product. It’s kind of funny how everyone knew it was a scam and one guy actually recalled your name as a scammer. Maybe you’ll get me some day but not today. Do you sleep well at night??

Thanks,

Nathan Nemire

He wrote:

Nice posting Nate:

Thanks,

John

And I wrote:

Just playing your game. If you were legit then why don’t you explain your case? Come on man, Google Checkout? I bet you have a whole fake document that explains this procedure. I’ve heard of the Western Union thing, Autotrader secure payment, and now Google Checkout, what will you guys think of next? That boat is worth $50k+, so why would you be trying to sell it for $28k? Probably because you scammers have figured the threshold of how much money someone might actually send without meeting the seller or seeing the product. It’s kind of funny how everyone knew it was a scam and one guy actually recalled your name as a scammer. Maybe you’ll get me some day but not today. Do you sleep well at night??

Thanks,

Nathan Nemire

Can't wait for his reply.

I will post his reply as soon as I get it, if I get it. That just goes to show us that scammers are reading our posts in here too, be careful with the classifieds.

There are scammers reading every site. Let's just say I have family who work in the patriot act arena. I think you'd be shocked at what people know.

I will post his reply as soon as I get it, if I get it. That just goes to show us that scammers are reading our posts in here too, be careful with the classifieds.

There are scammers reading every site. Let's just say I have family who work in the patriot act arena. I think you'd be shocked at what people know.

Go ahead shock us. Please. This would be good stuff to know.

He wrote:

Nice posting Nate:

Thanks,

John

And I wrote:

Thanks,

Nathan Nemire

Called out and busted by a scammer! I think I just peed my pants! :lol::lol::lol:

And here's one final response, hey John if you're reading this, you're right I will post it, it's been fun and nice to cyber-meet yuh!!!

I do not need to explain myself to an old fart that hasn`t anything else better to do than writing posts on internet forums. I mean: you have the IQ of a seven year old retarded child. How on earth would be possible for you to understand ?

I would like to see you posting this on your beloved forum. Get a life, do something, internet is bad for you :).

John

THIS has been a very entertaining thread. Internet is bad for you...hahahahahahhaha. Trying to scam has proven to be worse.

Hey John if you're reading this, I have someone that wants to come and test drive the boat. What do you say to that?

Edited by areamike
And here's one final response, hey John if you're reading this, you're right I will post it, it's been fun and nice to cyber-meet yuh!!!

I do not need to explain myself to an old fart that hasn`t anything else better to do than writing posts on internet forums. I mean: you have the IQ of a seven year old retarded child. How on earth would be possible for you to understand ?

I would like to see you posting this on your beloved forum. Get a life, do something, internet is bad for you :).

John

That's the best he could do? Really? That's a pathetically juvenile response that doesn't even utilize decent grammar. Don't these people realize that a good insult is an art form? Really.

John

hilarious

John.Rozenboom

So, since you folks made me your topic star.... I would like to continue this topic by asking you, boating gurus , how would you improve this operation. I mean, you all say that it`s retarded...but how would you improve it ? To give a viable answer, you would have to relinquish all your moral standards an prejudices, which I am sure you all would if you wren`t so afraid of going to jail. The prize of this "small competition" will be $1,000.00 payable on Western Union. Honestly, a good response would worth even $5K, but you won`t take me serious ( you`ll probably think I would SCAM you). I must apologize if my grammar, but I would like to know how many of you could speak a foreign language at this level. From my vast experience, may of the US citizens can`t write even at this level. Whistling.gif

So, since you folks made me your topic star.... I would like to continue this topic by asking you, boating gurus , how would you improve this operation. I mean, you all say that it`s retarded...but how would you improve it ? To give a viable answer, you would have to relinquish all your moral standards an prejudices, which I am sure you all would if you wren`t so afraid of going to jail. The prize of this "small competition" will be $1,000.00 payable on Western Union. Honestly, a good response would worth even $5K, but you won`t take me serious ( you`ll probably think I would SCAM you). I must apologize if my grammar, but I would like to know how many of you could speak a foreign language at this level. From my vast experience, may of the US citizens can`t write even at this level. Whistling.gif

did he just ask how to improve his scam?

Does the FBI have time for idiots like this, scamming across state lines?

maybe it is time to close this topic before we do give him ideas.

Edited by Cervelo
John.Rozenboom

did he just ask how to improve his scam?

Does the FBI have time for idiots like this, scamming across state lines?

maybe it is time to close this topic before we do give him ideas.

Why would you close the topic? Are you that afraid , or narrow minded: work-home-work-home-

I must apologize if my grammar, but I would like to know how many of you could speak a foreign language at this level. From my vast experience, may of the US citizens can`t write even at this level. Whistling.gif

This is an American based website. The primary language is English. Who cares if you can speak more than one language. It still does not have anything to do with the fact that you are trying to sell a boat at half it's value from another country which screams scam.

Enlighten us and prove us wrong if YOU have the guts and if YOU are not afraid. Give us the Hull ID number from your boat you are allegedly selling so you can try and prove you are not a scammer.

If you don't wish to put that number on a public forum, then PM it to me.

By the way. Western Union is used by many many scammers. So please do us a favor, don't insult our intelligence by mentioning Western Union if you are not a scammer.