Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2009 Season

jetskipro550

With a lot of the Crew's season coming to an end, I am curious as to how many hours everyone was able to put on their boats. We hit 76 hours this season with most coming from weekend or week long trips away from home. We usually do lots of short 1-2 hour outings close to home, but this season we didn't have the time for those. All in all it was a good season and I have no complaints :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ndawg12

• wakeup

• snowpunx08

• Sixball

I put 12 hours on this year Cry.gif

But I have 2 excused for that: 1) We do a lot of drifting and swimming when we go out and 2) A hole in one exhaust manifold cut my season short by about 4 weeks. Oh well, there's always next year I guess.

About 125 for us. It was a pretty good year for only having the water above 80 for 5 days! Shocking.gif I have to winterize this weekend as I'm headed to Australia for 3 weeks so I guess the wetsuit isn't going to get much use this fall. Cry.gif

Lousy year. Only 17 hrs. so far, and I plan on getting out about 2 more hrs. to prepare for winterizing. Both daughters took on full time jobs this summer and it was really rainy. Vacation weather didn't cooperate either. On my other boat, the Winner, 12 hrs and I just winterized her this past weekend. Hopefully next year will be better and both daughter do not plan on working next summer. Maybe I won't either.

65 Hours

14 Trips (anywhere from 2 hours to 3 days on the water)

(the yard looks like hell, but we had a great summer!)

We were hoping for one more trip this fall, but may have run out of time (its about 40 degrees right now....)

We had an awesome first season in our new sunscape and really appreciate all of the knowledge gained from this site.

Thumbup.gif

120 hours from July to end of Aug., what a great summer of riding.

Good job Kingfish, we got about the same, maybe a little more. How did the boat perform?

80 for 5 days! Shocking.gif Are you kidding me!! I haven't been in 80 degree water even once! Sorry I lied, our local pool keeps is about 80. Whistling.gif

Edited by trentj6930

90hrs this year from May-Sept which is the most hrs of the 3 summers we have had the boat. Primarily all weekend and 3-4 day vacations (4 total) with some great early morning mid-week sessions also. Boat is at dealer for winterization and storage but already thinking about next spring and first trip of year!

About 125 for us. It was a pretty good year for only having the water above 80 for 5 days! Shocking.gif I have to winterize this weekend as I'm headed to Australia for 3 weeks so I guess the wetsuit isn't going to get much use this fall. Cry.gif

We're lucky if our water hits 76 degrees!!! We put 90 hours on our new boat this year and about 5 hours on the old boat that we decided to keep.

Terry

Just under 60 for me, I don't take my boat everytime I go to the lake though. About half the time I'm on someone elses boat.

HALF ROFL.gif

I logged just over 100 hours this year.. but I am not done yet!

Mr Archer..........................I have friends who come from Pa. to hang with us at Lake Anna. You (and anyone else who is interested) should too. Due to the nukes we ride all year! Yahoo.gif ( except we missed Feb. the past three seasons) My newest favorite T shirt says "What off season?" Dontknow.gif Our side of the lake is heated and private. We are truly blessed.

My crew's average is 350-400 hours per year. Injuries kept me down to around 50 hours so far this year, but it ain't over yet! No.gif

not nearly enough, but i only got my bu at end of june and now there is snow on the hill, hopefully the resorts open soon so i can use my new skis too. Thumbup.gif

Mr Archer..........................I have friends who come from Pa. to hang with us at Lake Anna. You (and anyone else who is interested) should too. Due to the nukes we ride all year! Yahoo.gif ( except we missed Feb. the past three seasons) My newest favorite T shirt says "What off season?" Dontknow.gif Our side of the lake is heated and private. We are truly blessed.

My crew's average is 350-400 hours per year. Injuries kept me down to around 50 hours so far this year, but it ain't over yet! No.gif

Lake Anna is a great lake. I skied there a couple of years ago. It was amazing. The water was very warm. I can see how you would ski all year 'round there.

I'm up in Maine, and expect maybe two more weeks of skiing if we are lucky. We've had 2 sub-freezing mornings this week though.

I got my boat at the start of September and have around 40 hours on it already. I doubt I'll break 50 hours this year, but you never know!

About 40 hours on the BU. But that is spent solely wakeboarding. We have another boat we use for cruising and parking. So total I think we did about 95 hours this year between two boats and a jet ski, so pretty good summer. We have a 15 month old and he loves the boats. But he cries when I slip out the back to wakeboard because he's still not sure what the heck I'm doing back there. Then again, neither am I. :)