Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is 65k too much for a 2008 Malibu 247?

jeffrey262

Hello ALL,

I found a guy who is looking to sell his 2008 247 with 100 hours. There are some small scratches. It is fully loaded with a kick butt stereo. But is 65K too much money? Can I find a new boat for that price?

Thank you.

Might be a little high...

PRICING

Low Retail Average Retail

Base Price

$38,910 $44,460

Reported Engine Range: 426 - 470 HP (8.1L)

Total adjustment for your engine(s): Add $6,630

Options

Power Boat: CANVAS

Boat Cover - 20 ft. thru 25 ft. $270 $305

Power Boat: ENTERTAINMENT

Stereo - am/fm CD player w/4 speakers $430 $490

Power Boat: MISCELLANEOUS OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT

Batteries - Dual w/Switch $220 $250

Exhaust - Silent Choice $1,575 $1,790

Fuel Injection $895 $1,020

Swim Step - Fiberglass $305 $345

Power Boat: SKI BOAT

Cruise Control $1,150 $1,310

Transom Shower - Hot & Cold $220 $250

Wake-Board Racks $295 $335

Wake-Board Tower $1,415 $1,610

Wake-Board Tower Lights $890 $1,010

Wake-Board Tower Speakers $795 $905

Water Ballast System $1,335 $1,520

TOTAL PRICE $55,880 $62,850

Suggested List: $76,500

Might be a little high...

PRICING

Low Retail Average Retail

Base Price

$38,910 $44,460

Reported Engine Range: 426 - 470 HP (8.1L)

Total adjustment for your engine(s): Add $6,630

Options

Power Boat: CANVAS

Boat Cover - 20 ft. thru 25 ft. $270 $305

Power Boat: ENTERTAINMENT

Stereo - am/fm CD player w/4 speakers $430 $490

Power Boat: MISCELLANEOUS OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT

Batteries - Dual w/Switch $220 $250

Exhaust - Silent Choice $1,575 $1,790

Fuel Injection $895 $1,020

Swim Step - Fiberglass $305 $345

Power Boat: SKI BOAT

Cruise Control $1,150 $1,310

Transom Shower - Hot & Cold $220 $250

Wake-Board Racks $295 $335

Wake-Board Tower $1,415 $1,610

Wake-Board Tower Lights $890 $1,010

Wake-Board Tower Speakers $795 $905

Water Ballast System $1,335 $1,520

TOTAL PRICE $55,880 $62,850

Suggested List: $76,500

That price doesn't include trailer so tack on at least another $3,500 (assuming less than 50% of new value). If it's in great shape I'd say that price isn't to bad.

You might be able to find a left over 08' for that price.

Edited by 06vlx

you can find a better deal out there. the dealer here in reno who I think sucks JMO.... they had 08's with min hours for 58K probably could have gotten it for 50K

keep looking and don't rush

you can find a better deal out there. the dealer here in reno who I think sucks JMO.... they had 08's with min hours for 58K probably could have gotten it for 50K

keep looking and don't rush

For a 247?

On boattrader - there is a 2009 247 LSV - 8.1 loaded - at a dealer in NC. If you are in NC - I would give the dealer a call. Buying new from a dealer usually come with a lot of perks - right now you can get a great deal as I am sure no dealer wants to sit on a 70k boat til spring. The 2009 comes with Maliview and Auto wedge which are hard to come by on the 08's. That would be my first call if I was in the market. I got my 23 LSV about this time last year.

On boattrader - there is a 2009 247 LSV - 8.1 loaded - at a dealer in NC. If you are in NC - I would give the dealer a call. Buying new from a dealer usually come with a lot of perks - right now you can get a great deal as I am sure no dealer wants to sit on a 70k boat til spring. The 2009 comes with Maliview and Auto wedge which are hard to come by on the 08's. That would be my first call if I was in the market. I got my 23 LSV about this time last year.

As an option not standard.

Unless you have LOTS of money $65k is too much for any boat.

:lol: all about priorities

Good point about priorities. I guess for me it comes down to borrowing that much money. I'm not against borrowing, but one has to be real careful about getting over their head. That's why I have a 10 year old boat, 6 year old car, 20 year old ATV, ect. When you don't have loans to pay off you have this thing called "money". OK, this will turn into a hijack if I'm not careful. It's just that $65k if a lot of money for a toy.

Good point about priorities. I guess for me it comes down to borrowing that much money. I'm not against borrowing, but one has to be real careful about getting over their head. That's why I have a 10 year old boat, 6 year old car, 20 year old ATV, ect. When you don't have loans to pay off you have this thing called "money". OK, this will turn into a hijack if I'm not careful. It's just that $65k if a lot of money for a toy.

For some it probably is. I think we can all agree the price of these boats has gotten out of control over the last 10 years.

For some it probably is. I think we can all agree the price of these boats has gotten out of control over the last 10 years.

Plus1.gif to all of this!!