Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winterization advice

I was looking for advice to winterize my 03 wakesetter without using anti freeze. Does anyone have info on this thanks in advance. I also was wondering if shrink wrap could be purchased locally or if anyone knows where I can get some.

I was looking for advice to winterize my 03 wakesetter without using anti freeze. Does anyone have info on this thanks in advance. I also was wondering if shrink wrap could be purchased locally or if anyone knows where I can get some.

if you drain all the water out of the block etc that should be all you need. You could also use a shop vac to try and suck out any extra water. So after you fog the engine, just unhook everything, blow out the heater and use a shp vac if you want. Once all the water is drained there is a lot of room in there for whatever tiny bit is left to expand. So anti-freeze is just a precautionary measure that some people like.

Why don't you want to use anti freeze? You can always drain it prior to launching in the spring. As far as the shrink wrap goes, it is not as easy to do a good job as it looks, do you have experience with it?

Why don't you want to use anti freeze? You can always drain it prior to launching in the spring. As far as the shrink wrap goes, it is not as easy to do a good job as it looks, do you have experience with it?

A friend of mine used to work at a marina and did it every winter he hasn't worked there in a couple of years i have everything i need to do it but the wrap

if you drain all the water out of the block etc that should be all you need. You could also use a shop vac to try and suck out any extra water. So after you fog the engine, just unhook everything, blow out the heater and use a shp vac if you want. Once all the water is drained there is a lot of room in there for whatever tiny bit is left to expand. So anti-freeze is just a precautionary measure that some people like.

thanks for the advice

You could follow the winterization guide that is in my signature.

Where are you located? Is your boat going to see freezing temps.?

I am looking for the PDF file in your signature but it does not seem to be there. I am new the the forum so it may be a rookie mistake.

• 1 month later...

also looking for this winterization guide. I find a lot of references to it, but I don't find the pdf file.

I would like to do teh winterization myself this year to save some money and to get to know my boat better.

• 2 years later...

Newby has questions. If my boat will be stored indoors do I need to drain the water? Fog? Change oil now or in spring? Thanks.

Definitely change the oil now so you don't have old oil sitting in the engine all winter. Since you don't have cats on your engine, I would fog it but it probably isn't as critical as the oil change. If it were me, I would drain the water out of the engine/v-drive/heater/manifolds to be on the safe side. It doesn't take that long and is worth it for peace of mind.