Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My new Malibu - 05 Sunscape

SkiingPT

I want to say thanks to everybody for putting up with all my questions over the past few weeks. You all have been extremely helpful. I finally pulled the trigger on getting my first Bu. I found an 05 Sunscape in Knoxville at Overboard Watersports (Great Guys). The owner failed to winterize the motor last year and destroyed it. Overboard took the boat on trade and put a new 383 Hammerhead in the boat so it comes with a full 3 year warranty. I took my family to lake last week for fall break and the kids absolutely loved it. If I would have driven/ridden a Malibu years ago, I would have had one for a while now. The guys at Overboard are installing a new illusion tower with speakers, racks and bimini this week. I will post updated pics when it is complete. I look forward to reading and learning more and finding out how I can "accessorize" my new toy. The only bad part is I got when the season is over. Now I have to just look at it in my garage and dream about spring.

I've tried to upload a couple of pics but receiving Upload Failed. The file was larger than available space message. Will try again when I figure out how to attach a pic.

I want to say thanks to everybody for putting up with all my questions over the past few weeks. You all have been extremely helpful. I finally pulled the trigger on getting my first Bu. I found an 05 Sunscape in Knoxville at Overboard Watersports (Great Guys). The owner failed to winterize the motor last year and destroyed it. Overboard took the boat on trade and put a new 383 Hammerhead in the boat so it comes with a full 3 year warranty. I took my family to lake last week for fall break and the kids absolutely loved it. If I would have driven/ridden a Malibu years ago, I would have had one for a while now. The guys at Overboard are installing a new illusion tower with speakers, racks and bimini this week. I will post updated pics when it is complete. I look forward to reading and learning more and finding out how I can "accessorize" my new toy. The only bad part is I got when the season is over. Now I have to just look at it in my garage and dream about spring.

I've tried to upload a couple of pics but receiving Upload Failed. The file was larger than available space message. Will try again when I figure out how to attach a pic.

Even though you've had 25 post, I'm still going to say "Welcome" Clap.gif

I found an 05 Sunscape in Knoxville at Overboard Watersports (Great Guys). The owner failed to winterize the motor last year and destroyed it. Overboard took the boat on trade and put a new 383 Hammerhead in the boat so it comes with a full 3 year warranty..... The guys at Overboard are installing a new illusion tower with speakers, racks and bimini this week.

Sounds like you're basically getting a new boat at a used boat price Drool.gif If only we could all be that lucky... Congratulations, can't wait to see pics! Thumbup.gif

Edited by RedOwl

You just need to resize your pic's. I dump mine down to ~ 800 X 600 and they attach no problem. Not sure what the specific size requirements are around here but 8 X 6 works. Thumbup.gif

post-11284-1255454582_thumb.jpg

I could only upload one image per post so here are a couple of pics. Like I said, It is receiving a tower and accessories this week. Will update pics when I can.

Nice boat!

I've got the '06 version of your boat (except sans 383). After 4 full seasons, still in love!

Great family boat.

I also added an Illusion X tower, bimini, and board racks. I don't know if they're

still available or for how much, but the billet aluminum glove box door is a great upgrade

over that plastic one (although yours looks pretty sweet next to the dark upholstery inserts).

Stainless steel cup holders are nice, too (can't tell if you've got them already). But, neither is

essential.

Hope you enjoy!

Edit: I just realized that your dash is also dark plastic (?). My boat has a billet aluminum plate

over the dash (a bling factor added in '06?), so the plastic glove box door looked a little out of

place on my boat. Looks like yours matches nicely, though.

Edited by srab