Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower lights for Illusion XS

crazyhigh

Just bought my 09 VLX in Sept and was wondering what brand of tower lights people are putting on the Illusion XS. I know Metcraft had the diamond lights but has anyone have any better suggestions?

Thanks

Just bought my 09 VLX in Sept and was wondering what brand of tower lights people are putting on the Illusion XS. I know Metcraft had the diamond lights but has anyone have any better suggestions?

Thanks

Give Paul a call at Bakes Marine. He's working on an HID tower light package.

I put the Titan lights on my XS tower and they look great with the tower. Unfortunately the forward facing set produces a ton of glare off the front of the boat. I adjusted them all the way up and they still seem to reflect off the front of the boat. The rear facing set are good, no complaints there.

Ill second the talk to paul. 06vlx has them on his new 23 and the are supper bright. plus they draw very little power being hid and all.

Are those the Westwind products?

Thats what I have and love em'

Thumbup.gif

Ill second the talk to paul. 06vlx has them on his new 23 and the are supper bright. plus they draw very little power being hid and all.

Thumbup.gif

Nope not westwinds, westwinds doesn't have HID lights. Yours must be halogen.

Thumbup.gif

Dang!

Should I upgrade for both times a year im out after dark?

Whistling.gif

Seriously, Do the HID have a more "spot light" effect?

Thumbup.gif

Dang!

Whistling.gif

Josh you might as well you've got every other goodie available on that thing, these lights are brighter than headlights.

Edited by 06vlx

Thumbup.gif

Dang!

Whistling.gif

Josh you might as well you've got every other goodie available on that thing, these lights are brighter than headlights.

Settle down there mister. I dont have the fancy alum. tower mounted flag holder...not gonna happen either...lol

Besides, it's hard keeping up with the Jones' (the Jeremys and Johns)...

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

Me and my buddies just went to walmart and bought some driving lights for 15.00 a set and put them on. I know kinda redneck but they look good and work good. I had my local dealer wire them into my panel so I can use my tower light switch already in the computer. If you want pics let me know.

Not sure if these are a deal or not, HID for $150.00 each, flood and spot available.

HID at Trailtech

Mountain bikers are all over building DIY high output lights for riding fast through the woods at night. Given that a boat is just another variant of 12v DC current (i.e. battery operated lights), I'm sure we could learn a thing or two from the DIY Lights forum at MTBR.

• 3 years later...

I have a 09 LSV with Metcraft lights. Hooked them into maliview works great, let me know if you need help with the maliview two hidden wires.

Yes, please!!!!!! I added lights to my 2009 VLX but can't find the hidden wires, where are they?

Thanks,

Terry

• 3 years later...
On 7/21/2013 at 10:41 AM, RyanOz said:

Does anyone know what to do AFTER installing the tower lights? 09 VLX... The "tower lights" switch isn't turning them on.

Hey Man i have a 08 (don't have touchscreen system) and I wire them up and can't get them to turn on, does the engine have to be on for them to work? I went to lights and got my inside lights on, then when i click the button for tower lights, they don't come on?

1 hour ago, Tclark said:

Hey Man i have a 08 (don't have touchscreen system) and I wire them up and can't get them to turn on, does the engine have to be on for them to work? I went to lights and got my inside lights on, then when i click the button for tower lights, they don't come on?

My tower lights only come on when the engine is on (2008 LSV).

On 3/19/2017 at 4:26 PM, BaBaLoO said:

Have any of you seen or tried putting a curved led light bar? Is it over kill? Some cheap ones on CL 

I didn't go with the light bar, I went with 2 2.5"x2.5" liight (brand name with twos i's) mini light and they are rad and super bright! What tower do you have?

3 hours ago, Tclark said:

I didn't go with the light bar, I went with 2 2.5"x2.5" liight (brand name with twos i's) mini light and they are rad and super bright! What tower do you have?

I have the xs