Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

drive Shaft update

About a month ago I made a post regarding a drive shaft binding after running the boat aground in soft sand. I recieved several repiles, but the consenus was that there was a problem that needed to be checked out. I took the boat to dealer this last week. I was expecting to get notice that the strut and or the shaft was damaged. The prop did not seem to be damaged.

Well, I was quite surprised when the dealer examined the boat and found that the damage was minimal. First of all the prop was loose on the shaft and that caused the packing seal to leak. He re-positioned the prop and tightened the nut. Then he tightened up the packing seal to stop the new leak. He then lubricated the zerk fittings on the rudder as they have not been greased since new, the boat has 140 hours on it. He then put the boat into the test tank and ran it to check it out. No leaks, and the binding was gone. For all this work, he charged for only 1 hour of labor and just a few dollars for parts. The total came to $100.80.

If you are ever in the Ventura , Calif. area and in need of a fair and honest Malibu dealer, I recommend Tilly's Marine. They are the best. I just wanted to follow up with you guys to give you an update. Thanx Steve

I have heard about a lot of experiences with Tilly's...all of them good. You're lucky to have such a great dealer to work with. Thumbup.gif

By the way, what's the "Off The Water Item" that's for sale? :unsure:

I have heard about a lot of experiences with Tilly's...all of them good. You're lucky to have such a great dealer to work with. Thumbup.gif

By the way, what's the "Off The Water Item" that's for sale? :unsure:

Sorry, it has been sold already