Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

winterizing 23 lsv heater how???

guys/gals,

I have a 2001 23 lsv and started the winterization process today. I have drained everything, removed the impellar, fogged the engine, and cleaned the interior. The boat has a heater on it and I can't figure out how to drain the heater. Can someone please tell me where the heater core is located at and how I would go about draining it? Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions. If you all can think of anything I have missed please let me know. I sure don't want any supprises next year once again thanks.

You don't need to locate the heater core just the supply and return lines on the engine. The supply line will be up on the top of the block and the return line will be down on the raw water intake hose. Disconnect both hoses and blow air through. Thumbup.gif You could feed a little anti-freeze through the line for some anti-corrosion protection.

guys/gals,

I have a 2001 23 lsv and started the winterization process today. I have drained everything, removed the impellar, fogged the engine, and cleaned the interior. The boat has a heater on it and I can't figure out how to drain the heater. Can someone please tell me where the heater core is located at and how I would go about draining it? Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions. If you all can think of anything I have missed please let me know. I sure don't want any supprises next year once again thanks.

If you have a hot water shower you want to be sure and get all the water out of the lines and pump. RV / Marine antifreeze in it would keep seals moist too.