Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Freeze damage

Just wondering how long and at what temperature will freeze damage occur. I just dropped off my boat at the dealer to be winterized two days ago and I woke up to an inch of snow on the ground this morning. They said it would be about a week and a half before its done And now I don't know if I'll be able to sleep at night!

Is the dealer storing it outside? What are daytime temps? Nighttime temps?

I would think that once the dealer takes possession of your boat that they would be financially responsible if something happens to it but maybe not. Dontknow.gif

Is the dealer storing it outside? What are daytime temps? Nighttime temps?

I would think that once the dealer takes possession of your boat that they would be financially responsible if something happens to it but maybe not. Dontknow.gif

I dont know when the dealer will pull it inside. The night temps drop down to about 26, day temps get up to about 40. Just two weeks ago it was 80 and sunny. Thats minnesota weather for ya! As far as being responsible for damage, once it is in their possession is it their responsibility? This is the first year with my brand new sunscape and it would make me sick if something happened. I guess all of this is worth a phone call!

Water starts to freeze at 32 degrees. A "hard freeze " requires slightly cooler temperatures and several days of exposure. Your dealer should have at least pulled the plugs and hoses and drained the block when you brought it in. Then at least it is safe to sit outside until they can get at it .

I had the same scare only our temps here in MT went from 70's and 80's to single digits overnight, I woke up to ice puddles on my boat and I freaked out, took it to our marina and they had her in and done the next day and they are storing her inside till I can get back down there. He too told me it takes a hard freeze, but either way they should be able to drain her of the water at least, that doesn't totally prevent freezing but it helps if they can't get right to it. Our Malibu dealer stores all malibus inside whether you bought it there or not.

Just wondering how long and at what temperature will freeze damage occur. I just dropped off my boat at the dealer to be winterized two days ago and I woke up to an inch of snow on the ground this morning. They said it would be about a week and a half before its done And now I don't know if I'll be able to sleep at night!

Same comments as others, a couple of says of freezing weather is needed, and the dealer should drain it, but call them to check. I'm in Alberta and temp has dropped to -10C for the past three days and my boat is ok in an unheated garage. Still above zero. To be in the safe side I have a small heater in the boat until it warms up next week when I can winterize it.

Scarey

Same scare for me in NW MN. Pulled the boat out last week so it's on the trailer in the yard waiting for me to winterize her. In the teens last night and opened her up to check - inch of water frozen solid in the bottom, so I just put in a space heater with thermostat to keep her around 60F tonight. Hoping we warm up a little in the next week or two so I can get the job done. Very strange stuff - trees with green leaves shedding like crazy onto 1½ of snow!

Our Malibu dealer stores all malibus inside whether you bought it there or not.

MC's and CC's stay outside in the parking lot. :lol: And Moomba's...he parks those out on the street. ROFL.gif

Very strange stuff - trees with green leaves shedding like crazy onto 1½ of snow!

Screw that. It's upper 70's here. Biggrin.gif I just got done taking some sets. Yahoo.gif

Our Malibu dealer stores all malibus inside whether you bought it there or not.

MC's and CC's stay outside in the parking lot. :lol: And Moomba's...he parks those out on the street. ROFL.gif

Very strange stuff - trees with green leaves shedding like crazy onto 1½ of snow!

Screw that. It's upper 70's here. Biggrin.gif I just got done taking some sets. Yahoo.gif

Right where they belong. I have to say this has been a great year. I spent more time on my ski this year than i have in the last ten combined. I'm just mad i wasn't able to get out "one last time" while the temps were dropping. ITS GONNA BE A LONG WINTER!

went for the last ride on the seadoo today hopefully out in the boat tommorrow sad winter is coming to quick this year but i started the sleds today first click of the key sweet.

Rockon.gif

I always take a ball jar half full of water and sit it outside on the grille. Each morning on the way out I check the jar for ice. Just a way to keep tabs on when the hard freeze risk hits. I usually start draining the block after outings when the forcast is in the low 30's at night, but the jar is still liquid until colder weather rolls along. I'm holding off on the winterization for an Indian summer weekend in Oct! Thumbup.gif