Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power wedge - Dead

I have never had a problem with the wedge until Indmar replaced the entire wire harness on my HH (there was a short causing the computer to kill the engine). They replaced the harness and the lake test went perfect except the power wedge would not deploy. In fact it was like the switch was dead. No noise, nothing. I followed the switch wires to a box under the dash (no fuse or circuit beaker).

The power wedge gauge also shows the wedge in the fully deployed position, even when we were coming in at the end of the day the screen was flashing slow down and beeping all over the place.

Are the two connected?

How hoes the wedge get the signal? I followed the cables from the transom but lost them in the bundal of wires.

Any Ideas?

I had a host of issues with my power wedge - 2006 Sunsetter. There is an inline fuse that feeds the wedge control box. It isn't documented in the manual. It is a small black connector/box looking device that holds a single blade type fuse. I belive it's 25 Amps. On my boat there is a red wire that comes from the main electrical bus and feeds the power the wedge control box. Follow this wire and you will find the fuse holder. Replace the fuse and give it a try. You can lower the wedge without the boat moving forward. If you want to raise it, you have to spin the speedometer wheel to simulate motion. Use your fingers, compressed air, water, what ever you can (if you are out of the water that is).

The root cause of the problem on my boat was mis-matched actuators -they would travel at different speeds and eventually bind up. It has now been fixed and works fine.

Good luck,

Alan

Alan

Thanks for the info. I followed the red wire from the black box bolted under the dash (where all of the wires come together) back to the circuit beakers and found a butt connector. I put a test light on it and it lit up so there is power going into the black programmer box under the dash.

Some how I still think it has to do with the new harness that indmar put on the engine that is not sending the right signal to the black box. I talked to them and the tech and he said he hooked up all of the connectors the same way. I looked at the ends and could not find any thing open but Dontknow.gif ?? what am I looking for??

I guess its 4 hr drive to the dealer??

Is there a way to lower and raise the wedge with out the rams working?

Nice photo.

Mine is a little different, there is no small sq connector under the dash. The switch wires go into the wire loom that plugs into the larger sq box shown in your photo. The red wire coming from the circuit board has power and it also goes directly into the large wire (8 - 10 wires) loom that plug into the box that you show.

Alan

Thanks for the info. I followed the red wire from the black box bolted under the dash (where all of the wires come together) back to the circuit beakers and found a butt connector. I put a test light on it and it lit up so there is power going into the black programmer box under the dash.

Some how I still think it has to do with the new harness that indmar put on the engine that is not sending the right signal to the black box. I talked to them and the tech and he said he hooked up all of the connectors the same way. I looked at the ends and could not find any thing open but Dontknow.gif ?? what am I looking for??

I guess its 4 hr drive to the dealer??

Is there a way to lower and raise the wedge with out the rams working?

squeezed a piece of driftwood in the wedge retracting it one day and it went dead,,,believe it was the fuse,

the tech would spin the speedo in my boathouse lift and it would work fine, soon as he water tested it, it wouldnt,,

i think it had to do with where it was grounded to...

when i had work done on my 06 wakesetter, the tech had a "recall type, info sheet" about the wedge wiring, so the info is out

there,,,after that work was done, its performed fine,