Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wipeout

Tom Sawyer

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday at around 10:30 AM....

OUCH....At around 5 seconds into the video....I Smack into a 9in diameter x 4 foot long water soaked submerged log (that took two guys to lift out of the water) while barefoot skiing and doing a 1 foot....after a trip to the ER, unbelievably I only had bruises on my left foot... my neck hurts too I might add...Duuhhhhh....

It is VERY lucky that I was doing a one foot or both of my heels would have got smashed and I wouldn't be walking at all...

This is what I hit......

post-15441-0-03631800-1347922844_thumb.j

Edited by JB-FOOT
  • Like 1

I know it is hard to believe, but today, after just a few days and two chiropractor visits.....I feel about 80% and can start to put all my weight back on my left foot (one that smacked the log) without too much discomfort....

Just sooooooooo darned lucky!

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey WrenchMonkey, was this at the wakeboard national tour. I was there that day.

AdeL this was not at the wakeboard national tour. It was during one of our water ski shows with the Twin Cities River Rats Water Ski Show Team. We were doing an act called "Around The Boat". the force the skiers put on the boat flipped the boat.

We have hosted the wakeboard national tour, as well as the wakesurfing national tour at our ski site as well though!

Edited by 1985Skier

AdeL this was not at the wakeboard national tour. It was during one of our water ski shows with the Twin Cities River Rats Water Ski Show Team. We were doing an act called "Around The Boat". the force the skiers put on the boat flipped the boat.

We have hosted the wakeboard national tour, as well as the wakesurfing national tour at our ski site as well though!

Is this the stunt you are refering to

• 2 months later...

Hmm, suprised there hasn't been any new post made in here for a while!

I made this a while ago, and the quality isn't all that great but it's a good laugh.

**edit - On a side note - this was when I was riding behind a 1979 Lund 14ft Custom V-hull with a 115HP outboard and a ski-pole.

And during the winter we typically rotate into doing something more of the lines like this....

Edited by Slyexe
  • 4 months later...

this is not me.....but one of my buddies eating it last weekend.....do not blink or you will miss it. LOL

he went on that day to jump on his head long line too....and that fall was way more spectacular than this one....but the video is too long so I did not post it...

Here's a video of my worst flyswatter in a long time. On an Olly 180. I feel like I was hit by a truck.

Enjoy.

Those are some of the worst falls. I hate it for you man. Take some ibuprofen. And rest up. I always feel like I was in a car crash the following day.

I'm looking at that video, and I think I overrotated actually and ended up backside digging. That fall hurt so bad that it pulled my upper quad on my back leg. It's cool though, my physical therapist earned her money on Monday!

Hahaa.

I'm looking at that video, and I think I overrotated actually and ended up backside digging. That fall hurt so bad that it pulled my upper quad on my back leg. It's cool though, my physical therapist earned her money on Monday!

Hahaa.

Hear that. I'm out for a while again from a front flip. Over rotated and folded my knee the wrong way. I think it is time to start looking at knee braces.

• Like 1