Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Depth Finder Alarm at Speed

Dont know how else to describe this and its not really that big of a deal.... just annoying. At speed... say 25-35 cruising in the middle of my lake and i know its not shallow..... Depth finder will jump from say 50ft to 5ft for no reason at all and start beeping. It is almost to the point where I want to turn my depth alarm off. (dont know if thats possible). But I just wanted to make sure they all didnt do this before i tried to get it covered under warranty or there wasnt a simple fix i could do myself.

Dont know how else to describe this and its not really that big of a deal.... just annoying. At speed... say 25-35 cruising in the middle of my lake and i know its not shallow..... Depth finder will jump from say 50ft to 5ft for no reason at all and start beeping. It is almost to the point where I want to turn my depth alarm off. (dont know if thats possible). But I just wanted to make sure they all didnt do this before i tried to get it covered under warranty or there wasnt a simple fix i could do myself.

The depth alarm can be turned off. The sensor could be getting false readings (thermal?) or be defective. Mine seems to work pretty well at speed.

You can turn off the alarm or you can set the depth alarm for a shallower depth.

not sure that the current generation of sounders have a sensitivity control on the back of the head unit.

one of the last boats i owned had a sensitivity adjustment.

you may want to check to see if it can be adjusted.

set the alarm to zero to turn the alarm off.

not sure that the current generation of sounders have a sensitivity control on the back of the head unit.

one of the last boats i owned had a sensitivity adjustment.

you may want to check to see if it can be adjusted.

set the alarm to zero to turn the alarm off.

On the 08 there is actually an "off" setting. I would think that they carried this forward to the newer models also.