Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Warranty question

Kellyb

I have a floor creek issue that many other people have had from day one. I did not think much of it until I read the issues people have had. Would this fall under the lifetime warrant that covers "...Hull, deck, liner, upholstery frames, and stingers..." or the three year boat warranty?

Kelly

I am gonna guess 3 yrs. Your boats an 03 right? Are you still inside 3 yrs, its prob. close.

I had mine replaced 2 seperate times. The last time, I just left out the attaching screws.....I felt they were what was cracking the floor in the first place.

Probably the 3 year, but there is an hour limitation on some warranty items. When you read the "lifetime hull" warranty language you will realize that very little is covered (except the basic structural elements) in that warranty. For example, the gelcoat has only a 2 year warranty. With all that said, my 2004 VLX (now 1.5 years old) has a hugh problem with the floor actually collapsing. The roughly 3 by 4 foot section of my main floor in the center of my boat (it covers the gas tank) cannot hold any weight. When you walk on it it will sink down close to 2" and stops when it begins to rest on the gas tank. My dealer has "ordered" a replacment for me (it's been over 2 months) from Malibu. They are covering it as a warranty itme.

Probably the 3 year, but there is an hour limitation on some warranty items. When you read the "lifetime hull" warranty language you will realize that very little is covered (except the basic structural elements) in that warranty. For example, the gelcoat has only a 2 year warranty. With all that said, my 2004 VLX (now 1.5 years old) has a hugh problem with the floor actually collapsing. The roughly 3 by 4 foot section of my main floor in the center of my boat (it covers the gas tank) cannot hold any weight. When you walk on it it will sink down close to 2" and stops when it begins to rest on the gas tank. My dealer has "ordered" a replacment for me (it's been over 2 months) from Malibu. They are covering it as a warranty itme.

If you think the time you have been waiting for a part they produce on a daily basis is taking too long, call the plant. I've received very good CS when calling the plant (Merced). Let us know how it goes because a few of us have floor issues.

Greg