Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Globe impellers

Bill_AirJunky

So I think I'm wrapping up year two with the Globe impeller I picked up with in the group buy. Has anyone pulled theirs yet to see how they have done? I think mine has around 150 hrs on it now, and has been dry started for a few seconds probably 30 or 40 times.

Are there any plans of doing another GB? If not, any suggestions where to get them?

Yep GB will be on this yr. I just talked with the vendor for pricing and now just waiting back to hear how long it will take to make them. I'm thinking I'll have them with in a month.

I have had my impeller in for 2 yrs and about 150 hrs but have not pulled it to see what it looks like.

Yep GB will be on this yr. I just talked with the vendor for pricing and now just waiting back to hear how long it will take to make them. I'm thinking I'll have them with in a month.

I have had my impeller in for 2 yrs and about 150 hrs but have not pulled it to see what it looks like.

I would take two on the gb. Thumbup.gif:)

I also have had mine in for 2 years and was trying to decide whether or not to replace it this this year. I too would be interested to see what it looks like now.

i ran a globe for one season (150 hours) without problems.

during winterizing i typically remove and bag the impeller but didn't last winter.

this spring it was whole (not missing lobes) and functional at speed but wasn't pulling enough coolant at idle.

i consider this a self induced problem but thought i would pass it on to the crew.

i will order globe again.

Edited by tvano
i ran a globe for one season (150 hours) without problems.

during winterizing i typically remove and bag the impeller but didn't last winter.

this spring it was whole (not missing lobes) and functional at speed but wasn't pulling enough coolant at idle.

i consider this a self induced problem but thought i would pass it on to the crew.

i will order globe again.

Actually, I have been doing a little googling lately on that exact subject concerning the globe impellers. Seems to be a common place with that type of impeller due to the material it is made of and the overall flexibility being a little too much to pull a good amount of water when at idle. Could be coincidence, but who knows. I'd have to run mine for a season and actually pay attention to all the factors in order to do an analysis.

I ordered an extra from the last GB and installed it in this 05 VLX.. It has 130 hours on it this season and at the beginning of the year I accidently ran it dry for about 2-3 min and at quite a high RPM (3000). I noticed the temp jump past 200 and shut it down... I fixed the problem and then started it back up to cool the engine.. I put another 100hours on this impeller since then and have had no issues with temps at idle...

I am very curios to see what mine looks like but will be replacing it for sure with another Globe..

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one from you 2 years ago. Seems to work just fine. I start the boat up out of the water at the end of each day to drain the exhaust system. I only run it for about 5 seconds. Upon inspection at the end of last season, It was fine. I haven't checked it yet this year, yesterday was probably the last outing for this season. I will inspect it again soon. I will take at least one, or if you can, 2 of them when you do the group buy. Will the gaskets be available, or will we need to go to another source for the gaskets? Thanx for the help. Steve [email protected]